Certain websites won't load

I first noticed this problem with the Coronavirus Update website, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/, but now it’s happening with some other sites. The problem is that the site never fully loads, and I am unable to scroll down; it just is stuck. I am able to close out of it, though it takes a few seconds to close. AND, when I load the site from incognito mode, it loads fine. This problem just started yesterday. I tried to fix it by uninstalling and reinstalling Brave, but that didn’t change anything. This never happened before yesterday.

Also, I have no idea if this is in any way related, but another problem I’m having is that Brave no longer saves a list of passwords. It saves passwords covertly, but it won’t show the list to me.

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jeff Melton

Description of the issue:

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:

Reproduces how often:

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Additional Information:

Trying to reproduce this. Can you try in private mode? Does shields affect the endless loading?

Yes, I tried it in private/incognito mode, and the problem doesn’t happen there. It also doesn’t happen if I try loading the site from another profile. It’s only in the one specific profile that I use most of the time that it happens. Of course, I can/do work around it by just putting everything I need into a different profile and using that one, but I’d like to figure out what happened and how it could be fixed.

Turning off shields doesn’t change anything.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.