Web page notification sounds with Do Not Disturb enabled

Description of the issue:
Some forums notify you when a new reply has been added to a thread you have open. But if I have my phone on Do Not Disturb, Brave shouldn’t let that web page generate sounds, especially when Brave isn’t active/open.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Put phone in Do Not Disturb mode.
  2. Open an active thread on a forum that polls for new replies and notifies you with a sound (in my case it was the emby.media forums but might even be the case on these forums). Not sure if this is required, but you might need to be subscribed (watcher) to the thread.
  3. Lock phone.
  4. Wait for a reply.

Expected result:
No sound.

Brave Version( check About Brave): 1.26.77

Mobile Device details Motorola G7

Additional Information:
Ideally the sound shouldn’t occur even if Brave is active and that web page is open, but at a minimum a web page that’s not currently open/visible shouldn’t be able to generate a sound.

@TheShanMan,
Thank you for reaching out to us.
Can I ask you to test this behavior in another browser and confirm that it’s only Brave that exhibits this behavior?

I don’t have another browser installed that I can use to try that. But I’ll add one additional thought… These are not actual android notifications. They’re just little popups on the web page accompanied by a sound. My guess is that they’re using the media audio channel rather than the notification audio channel. Just basing my guess on the fact that it isn’t an actual android notification and I wasn’t prompted about enabling notifications for that site by Brave.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.