How do I change the Brave ad notification sound on Android?

Description of the issue:
Enable ads

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Enable ads

Expected result:
Receive ad notification

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Mobile Device details
Samsung S2 Galaxy tab

Additional Information:
I do receive ad notifications. However, the sound is the same as when I receive a text. I want to look at a text immediately, but the ad could wait for a while. If my device is not directly in front of me I can’t tell the difference. So I had to turn off Brave rewards.

Perhaps this is a feature request: Add a setting within Brave rewards to change the notification sound.

Thank you.

You can change it on your device Settings. At least on my end it’s available there.

Yes, I could change it on my device. However, that changes it for everything, so I’d still hear the same sound for texts and ads. Were you suggesting something different?

On my end (MIUI 11, Android 9), I can set different notification sound for each app. And under Brave notification settings, I can set the notification for Brave Ads.

Thank you. I have several Android devices with different OS versions. I will see what I can do.

I looked at my tablet - Android 7. Under Settings, Apps, Application Manager, I see Brave but not a separate entry for Brave Ads. Am I looking in the right place or do you think it has changed between Android 7 and 9?

Thanks for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.