WeatherBug.com showing non-USA KPH instead of MPH in Brave only

PROBLEM
Wind speeds showing as kilometers per hour instead of miles per hour for USA-based weather outlooks/forecasts

WEBSITE

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)
N/A

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?
N/A

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):
N/A

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?
Using Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera, MPH is always shown; KPH never appears

Brave version (check About Brave):
Version 0.69.135 Chromium: 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

Hi @Floringo2007,

Thanks for writing in! What OS are you running? Just clicked the link on macOS release build and it showed as MPH. Is this the screen area that you’re referring to?

1 Like

I’m running OSX 10.12.6…and here’s a screenshot of what I just saw today at 3:35pm CT…this afternoon was a combination of kph and mph but lately it’s just been kph all over the site

@Floringo2007,
That’s a very strange bug. I’m only seeing mph personally, but maybe Brave is blocking something needed to ensure the site is displaying the right terms for you.

Can you tell me what your Shields settings are configured to for the site?

Additionally, are you connected through a VPN connection by chance?

I was going to tell you folks that I’m NOT using VPN…and my Brave Shields are off for this website…
WBuggyBraveShieldsDown

@Floringo2007,
I honestly have no idea why this would be happening then. If you go to another weather site, like weather.com or accuweather – do you see mph or kph?

The kph issue is only a problem with Brave & WeatherBug.com, not with any other weather forecast sites online that I’ve checked.

I’ve reported database issues/problems to “WeatherBuggy” over the past 2 years, but those issues/errors were cross platform, Mac & Windows, and appeared in all browsers. I made WeatherBuggy aware of this kph vs. mph problem with Brave too, but I’ve not heard anything back from them at all.

Can you clear the cookies on weatherbug and reload? / possibly try private mode?

1 Like

THAT FIXED IT!! THANKS!!
Must have been a “bad cookie” because I definitely have not checked any weather outside of the USA…GoogleMapped outside the US yes…weather no…well…except for Puerto Rico, but that’s part of the USA…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.