Brave breaks the Accuweather Minute by Minute Interactive Weather Map

1. I use an Accuweather local “Minute by Minute” interactive website which provides an up-to-the minute weather forecast and an interactive weather radar/map. Until recently the site operated OK with Shields turned on. Recently (not sure when) the included interactive weather radar no longer shows the weather radar overlay; only the static map portion is displayed. Turning off Shields fixes it. The URL I’m using (for my local area) is:
    https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/ellijay-ga/30540/minute-weather-forecast/332445 .
  2. MY OS is Linux Mint Cinnamon 19.3. Brave Version 1.9.80 Chromium: 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hi @fstjohn,
Can you try creating a new test profile and seeing if the Accuweather displays as intended?
Click on the menu icon in the top right corner > create a new profile.

As of now (since I read your reply and opened the Accuweather site again), the weather radar seems to be working again with Shields enabled and the original profile (never created another one). It’s been out for at least a few days. Don’t know what changed. Thanks anyway.

1 Like