Wallet Verification Won't Authenticate On Android

Description of the issue:

NOT AUTHENTICATING UPHOLD VERIFICATION WHEN USING “VERIFY WALLET” BUTTON IN BRAVE BROWSER

ABLE TO AUTHENTICATE UPHOLD USING BRAVE WITH THE UPHOLD URL

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. Click "Verify Wallet link in Brave browser - triangle in the upper right-hand corner

2. Prompted that I do not have enough BAT to verify and if I already have a verified Uphold acct., continue to login

3. Click link to continue:

4. Click Authorize button at the Authorize Application menu:

Link in browser shows wallet.uphold.com/authorize/

5. Login Information: Populated Email Address/PWD : NEXT

6. Populate 2FA credential

7 Logged in as apexmanagement email address

1. Sent back to Brave Rewards Menu with the Verify Wallet button

2. Click Verify Wallet Button

3. Brave Browser closes

NOTE there are times when I am given a warning that there was a problem with verification and the browser will close. There are other times when there is a “loop” and I will be sent back to the brave rewards menu over and over again.

In addition, I can log into Uphold using the brave browser and authenticate with the 2FA credentials. I just can’t verify the wallet through the browser.

This started when there was a problem will all devices; 2 PC’s, 1 Mobile Phone. I was easily verified by clearing the cookies and cache from the browser.

I tried the same solution on the phone, including clearing data and cache, then taking both apps (Uphold and Brave) off the phone entirely. This reset everything only I can’t verify the wallet and the browser closes - intermittently.

I also tried this on another phone (Samsung S20) thinking that it was my phone (LG V60) and experienced the same behavior. I can log in authenticate to uphold through the browser on the S20 but I’m unable to verify the Uphold wallet when I go through the Brave Rewards link.

Each time I go through this process I’m still given the notification links to earn BAT through Brave Rewards and the rewards accumulate in settings. The wallet just won’t verify using the link in the browser.

Again, if you need the screen recording, I have one available.

Thank you in advance,

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Will supply a screen recording upon request

Expected result:

Expect wallet to be verified through the Brave Rewards Menu

Reproduces how often:

Consistently

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Application Version = Brave 1.29.78, Chromium 93.0.4577.63

OS = Android 11; Build/RKQ1.201105.002

Wallet first Verified with Uphold.com 07/21 (approx)

Additional Information:

Initial Contact with support

@Mattches

2 Likes

same issue aswell main issue is my mobile

@ATM,
Thank you for the detailed report. The team is aware of this particular issue and are working on a fix presently:

3 Likes

same isuue iam experiencing

1 Like

Thanks. The screen recording I had prepared is identical to what was posted on GitHub. I’ll just sit tight. If you guys need anything, please reach out.

This is a great project!

1 Like

I’m having the exact same issue on my Pixel 5 running Android 11, and Brave version 1.29.78.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue, and I was able to see (you can go to brave://rewards-internals to see logs) that the error is “Device limit reached” even though I have only 2 other devices linked out of 4 maximum

I thought about that. I had 4 devices. 3 PC’s and an Android. I pulled the sync list and use the passphrase to start a new one before I tried the verification. Same behavior.

I did try on another Android without the sync and still got the same behavior. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

[UP]

The problem is still present on Android. After checking the wallet, it does not synchronize.

Bump.
Same issue here. I’m onna Pixel 4 XL. I have been about to verify in the past. I reached 25 BAT and now it won’t complete the verify wallet process. I’ve went through a few articles and tried some suggestions but nothing seems to fix it.

1 Like

Same issue since last update

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.