Wallet leaves the country

OK! Thank you all very much! That’s exactly how I realized that until Brave solves the problem, I can either save up or say goodbye to the browser. THANK YOU all!

1 Like

I made post earlier. So Uphold did further explain:

Thank you for contacting the Uphold support team. I hope you are doing well. My name is Monica, and I’ll be happy to help you today.

Firstly, we do hate pulling out of territories and hope to be back soon. However, for now, we are no longer providing our services in your country

We recommend you please withdraw your funds within 72 hours. After that period, the account will be restricted to only allow restrictive withdrawals . That means that you can’t use your Uphold account to receive Brave rewards.

Again, we do hope to be back soon but can only do so if and when we’re confident that we are in compliance with all of the necessary requirements.

Best Regards,

Monica and the Uphold Team

I have sent this to Brave to inquire how this works on your future BAT, as there is concern over whether they may still try to send it to your linked wallet, but it would not be able to be received and added to the account. I’m hoping they easily will see it’s not available and it put to your browser, but we will have to wait to see what Brave says.

1 Like

Hello, I sent you a support form to disable my uphold wallet from my rewards. I closed the uphold wallet on their website forever due to the fact that uphold.com stops supporting Russia, in this regard, I ask you to disable my rewards from the uphold wallet on your website. Due to the fact that http://Uphold.com has ceased to work with Russia, I ask you to untie my Uphold wallet to pay for my rewards. My email: [email protected].

1 Like

Could the Brave browser team add direct withdrawal from the Reward account to the Brave wallet?

6 Likes

Yes I agree, send my rewards directly to your brave wallet:

Hi all - Uphold is sending out an email to all affected users today. Please keep an eye out for an official communication from them.

2 Likes

I have already received a letter from Uphold explaining that they will no longer work with Russia. I closed and deleted my profile from their site, I exchanged your coins and brought them to the exchange.

пт, 18 февр. 2022 г. в 18:56, steeven via Brave Community <[email protected]>:

Yes I agree, send my rewards directly to your brave wallet: 0xdC55924a416D3aCbBf66736bE34Ae90bd53B903A

Russia… russian… not only with russian but with Ukraine also! So it is it seems because of war state between our countries. Well, Russian is aggressors, Ukrainians are victims. So why should the Ukrainians also suffer from wallet blocking? Uphold definitely is crap. I just withdrawed my 100 BAT and it took 14 BAT as a fee. Damn uphold. :-1: :frowning_face:

@Gannet lol, I hear you about those fees. That’s why I’ve told people it doesn’t make sense. You know they’d rather keep people on and active so they can get that money each month. But instead they are canceling out multiple regions on a regular. That’s a lot of customers to lose. Tells you just how severe of an issue they are having with people committing fraud.

Yes I agree, send my rewards directly to your brave wallet: 0xdC55924a416D3aCbBf66736bE34Ae90bd53B903A

Well done, respect. Tired of politics. We are not here for this.

Unfortunately, Uphold response does not touch this subject (BAT Rewards transfer to direct Uphold account)! In that case, could the Brave dev team take some drastic measures to add direct withdrawal to Brave wallet?
That would be reasonable action, to my view!
Not financial advice…

Why can’t my wallet receive my rewards? How about tipping from my wallet?

BAT Rewards come in the form of virtual BAT (vBAT) until you verify with an exchange. When you verify with an exchange, your vBAT gets deposited there and converted to real BAT. The step for going to an exchange is required for AML/KYC reasons. We’re looking at the decentralization process for Brave ads rewards as part of Themis

Brave Wallet is a self custody wallet and therefore we cannot currently pay to it for the user rev-share for ads. We would need to KYC/AML your address and may also need a money transmitter license to do so.

I recently discovered that I am no longer eligible to withdraw my BAT because the Philippines is one of the countries where they have discontinued support for Gemini. I’m just curious what constitutes fraudulent activity. Is having multiple linked devices considered fraudulent activity? I use your browser on all of my devices, and I currently have four devices linked to my account. Do all ad clicks constitute fraudulent activity? I’m not sure how someone could engage in fraudulent activity in your app. I’m hoping you can shed some light on this for me. I enjoy using your app, and the BAT tokens are just icing on the cake. If I can’t withdraw the BAT token from my browser, I might as well turn it off.

Some examples of fraudulent activity include:

• Modifying code to try to make it appear as if you earned more BAT than you really did.
  • Using VPN to appear as if you’re in another region for ads, especially if you live in an unsupported region.
  • Cloning browsers/wallets in order to multiply earnings (don’t want to get into the specifics, but that’s the bulk of it).

I know there’s more, but they haven’t really discussed it with me in detail. Overall fraudulent activity is referencing how people are attempting to circumvent limitations to regions/ads or in trying to modify BAT (theft, basically)

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification. The only violation I was aware of is the use of VPN, which is why I made sure to turn off my VPN whenever I user the brave browser. I hope they bring back the brave rewards in the Philippines soon.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.