Volume Increases and Decreases on It's Own

While listening to anything with audio, the volume changes spontaneously. I have tested this with Chrome and the problem doesn’t happen there. I actually have Brave running on another computer previously and this issue wasn’t a thing. It’s only happening now on a new machine where I installed Brave for the first time.

I’d expect volume to stay consistent given the provided setting and not change on it’s own.

Version 1.8.96 Chromium: 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Some OS’s do this. Try checking your computer’s settings.

@tunalan,
Can you elaborate a bit on the behavior? Do you see the volume controls appear when this happens or does it seem to happen automatically?

Thanks for the reply! Do you know what kind of setting this would be under? It’s also specific to Brave browser so I am not sure what setting would fix this. Thanks

Volume controls actually don’t reflect the problem. This happen while I am on Youtube or SoundCloud. I set the volume to say 30% and while i am listening it suddenly feels like it jumps to 60% for a second or two and then back to 30%, then it keeps repeating spontaneously, while nothing on the screen or in the settings indicates the behavior. At first I thought maybe the DJ was messing with the audio but then I realized it happens on all the videos or music.

@tunalan,
Can you tell me if you have any extensions installed at this time? Additionally, if you were to create a new profile (Menu --> Create new profile) and watch video content in this new profile, do you get the same results?

1 Like

Here is an update: This problem started happening outside of Brave. Even though I turned off all enchantments and anything that might have cause the volume to change, it still kept happening (Especially during discord when someone would speak). The way I ended up fixing it was to plug my headset directly on to the motherboards audio/mic jacks at the back, rather than the jacks on the tower at the front. That fixed it for me! Thanks for trying to help out, glad it wasn’t Brave related after all but this solution might be helpful in the future for someone else.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.