Videos are lagging. It is playing with huge delay

Hello. I just bought 11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i5-11300H @ 3.10GHz 3.11, NVIDIA GTX1650, 16GB RAM Acer laptop. I have a brave browser for my daily usage. I have the same extensions I had before. (Grammarly,keepassxsc, translate) I don’t understand why I am having problems with Brave. Actually, it is not even special to only brave. Firefox has also the same.

Problem: When I click on any video ( youtube, facebook, etc ), it doesn’t play even though I have a good internet connection. After 5 seconds or something, it starts playing. Sometimes the video is starting but the sound is coming late.

Brave Version:
Version 1.28.106 Chromium: 92.0.4515.159 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Check whether videos play normally while in a private window without any extensions.

I don’t get it. I have the same extensions for my other laptop and it works perfectly normal. Grammarly - Google Translate - KeePassXC.

No, it is the same…

The last thing I could suggest that you check is whether disabling Hardware Acceleration via brave://settings/system has a positive impact.

Unfortunately, the issue you’re experiencing might not be related to browsers (since you’re experiencing the same issue in both Brave and Mozilla Firefox, which use different engines).

I already did that. I thought that might be the problem but it is not.
I was thinking because I freshly installed W10, that is about OS but it is not I guess.
Because I can run VLC without any problem.

Is the delay caused when you are using a Bluetooth audio device?

I already did that…
But I have no problem with the media player on my desktop with VLC. I don’t get this problem.

I just checked if I forgot my Bluetooth on but no, it is turned off.
Oh I god, after many years I bought a good machine but cannot use it :smiley:

Like I said, I’m not sure the issue is related to browsers. The least, it’s not a Brave issue if you’re getting the same result in Mozilla Firefox which uses a completely different engine.

That is so annoying…
I still have the same problem. The media sound is coming late…

If the issue isn’t specific to Brave there is not a ton we can do to help you. I would check all your sound settings, make sure your connection is good, see if you can find a site that where the sound doesn’t lag and note what the difference is, check with a fresh profile and/or no extensions.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.