Youtube it has delay to start a video like 15sec or more?

hi. i have a problem recently liike a month or so . recently when i play youtube videos , i have almost 20 sec delay befor is start. i dont have any problem on chrome or firefox or edge . only on brave . its latest version . i used another profile and still has the delay to start. i uninstalled and after restart windows i installed brave again and without importing anything or anychanges still has that delay. also i dont have any problem with twich videos or twitter videos and they are all playing fast .

i just have 15+ seconds delay on brave !!!

what can i do ?

windows 11 and all the software are the latest version . also im using vpn but its not have any issue on any other browser or even twich in brave ?

Is it all videos or only particular types of content on YouTube? Asking as they have Live streams, pre-recorded stuff (which is normal), and then their more premium YouTube movies and all which sometimes are free with commercials. Just want to know what you’re trying to access when having this problem.

Which version of Brave?

Do you have Shields on? If so, is it default settings or what do you use?

I’m on Windows 11. Not having any issues with YouTube loading or playing. It’s all quick. So now it’s trying to troubleshoot some and find out what’s going on with your specific device.

Does turning it off have any impact?

1 Like
  • Yeah All kind of videos . normal , live , streamed . dosnt matter at all . they all have delay to start

• yeah only on brave . my version is v1.48.167 also i dont have any issue with chrome , firefox , edge . they all play as fast as possible in youtube , no delay at all in them

-I tried with shield , without shield , with extension , without extenstions , new profile , clean uninstall and clean install from scrach . i have this problem one month ago but i had to reinstall my windows for other reasons , and after i installed new windows 11 brave back to the normal and played fast . but now it started acting again with lots of delay to start .only in youtube and only in brave

-my pc is ryzen 5750g-rx460 4GB -16 GB DDr4 3600 and they latest update windows 11

-youtube is blocked in my country so for years i use vpn to use youtube so its normal for us using vpn . its always with us . vpn has nothing to do with it cause i can easily use chrome firefox or edge with no problem .

im a bit confuse myself why brave acting like that .its doing great for years . i have this problem around 2 month tops i assume .

1 Like

Somebody? Is there any reason that new updates broke something in brave for me atleast

@Sarahtuska I guess let me ask you to try something trivial just to see if it makes an impact. Go to SettingsSystem and change your toggle at Use hardware acceleration when available. So if it was on, turn it off. If it was off, turn it on. Then relaunch the browser and test. There have been some who have seen improvements with this.

The other thing to mention is to check your DNS settings at brave://settings/security

1 Like

Yeah it was on . I turned it off and after relaunch nothing changed.

I love brave and I really don’t want to use other browser.i guess I need to be patient and wait for next update

Well, one of the Support might have some ideas for you later. I just am not much of an expert on anything and just offered some of the basic troubleshooting. You went through a lot of the basics. Main issue is that it’s the weekend right now and support is mainly active on the weekdays. Hopefully you can reply here on Tuesday so not forgotten and maybe they’ll be able to get back to you.

1 Like

Hello @Sarahtuska

could you create new windows user just for testing and use brave their without changing any setting and see if youtube work fine or not?

by the way did you changed anything on the flags here brave://flags/

just to make sure we both have same meaning for clean install

1. uninstall
  2. delete C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware
  3. restart your pc
  4. install brave again

if that what you did then you did clean install
by the way this way will delete everything from brave your bookmark /password /history /reward so it as if it first installed

hope any of those help and have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like

could you create new windows user just for testing and use brave their without changing any setting and see if youtube work fine or not?

Yes i Did a new user in my Windows and then i used brave without any extension or any changes , and still i have delay.

by the way did you changed anything on the flags here brave://flags/

no i dont know even what it is Lol

just to make sure we both have same meaning for clean install

1. uninstall
  2. delete C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware
  3. restart your pc
  4. install brave again

i Did exactly what you said and after uninstall i delete that Folder too . restart my pc and installed the latest version again . but still have that delay without anychanges or any extension .

i just want to add after the videos are start everything is smooth and no delay whatsoever . ive only have delay at the start of each video im playing .

1 Like

then you fine :smiley:

1. if you go to youtube then a video start playing then you click on another video to play on the same tab does it also make that delay or it happen only with new tab?

2. once you open a video (during those 15 sec) does it matter if you change the video quality so once you open the video and you change the quality does it make it load without the delay could you try to make to choose low quality and increase the quality till you get the max

3. could you check if your video driver is updated (better to use the manafactor driver not the one come with the windows)

hope something could help to know where the issue come from

1 Like
  1. if you go to youtube then a video start playing then you click on another video to play on the same tab does it also make that delay or it happen only with new tab?

for 2 month i almost tried any combination of tests you can think of but sadly no . nothing work and after a long long delay it start and after that its fast as it can be .

1. once you open a video (during those 15 sec) does it matter if you change the video quality so once you open the video and you change the quality does it make it load without the delay could you try to make to choose low quality and increase the quality till you get the max

i also tried 144p as difault but nothing and even to 4k but still no matter what resulation and quality you check it needed around 15 to 20 sec to start .its interesting when you drag your mouse on the timeline you can see the videos on popup screen while video try to start and play.

1. could you check if your video driver is updated (better to use the manafactor driver not the one come with the windows)

yeah i knew this one and i never use windows update driver . i play game on my pc as well and 2 monitor so i always use the driver from company in my case the latest adrenalin driver for Amd Graphic.

just want to say for years i didnt have any problem with brave and youtube . and youtube is normal in other browser .also twich in brave is normal and fast . no delay whatsover . only problem i have its on youtube

1 Like

then sorry i am out of any ideas and as @Saoiray said we can wait @Mattches from the team to check that after the weekend

and have a nice day everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thx I will wait to @Mattches to help me after weekend . Thx you all

1 Like

@Sarahtuska you welcome :slight_smile:

@Mattches
Can you look into my problem . Thx

What a very strange and specific issue. Honestly I’m not sure what is happening here is either. As far as I can tell, you have tried found out that:

• Creating a fresh profile
  • Disabling extensions on original profile
  • Un/reinstalling the browser
  • Enabling/disabling Shields
  • Enabling/disabling Hardware Acceleration
  • No flags are enabled
  • Drivers are up to date

None of the above has resolved the issue. Those are all the obvious/easy resolutions I can think of at this time for an issue like this. I’m going to have to ask the team for some additional input here.

In the meantime, I know it seems silly but can you try downloading Brave Beta and testing to see if you get the same behavior there? Note that you do not have to delete your current Brave installation to download/install/use the Beta — it will install separately.

2 Likes

Bhsavruwhttps://community.brave.com/t/youtube-it-has-delay-to-start-a-video-like-15sec-or-more/471125?u=hazha1996re_6

thanks @Mattches

What a very strange and specific issue. Honestly I’m not sure what is happening here is either. As far as I can tell, you have tried found out that:

yeah i did all of them one by one

In the meantime, I know it seems silly but can you try downloading Brave Beta and testing to see if you get the same behavior there? Note that you do not have to delete your current Brave installation to download/install/use the Beta — it will install separately

i downloaded beta and installed it and still the same as the stable version.

i tested again all my browser 5 mins ago and the result :
chrome: fast start
chrome incognio: fast start

firefox: fast start
firefox private: fast start

Microsoft Edge: fast start
Microsoft Edge Inprivate:fast start

all of them with and without extensions .all good

brave and brave private and brave beta and private beta all have the same delay around 15+ seconds to start .

one thing i notice when i start a video and i close the video and come back to whatch it like a day later and my youtube tell me i watched it like half a video ( red line in the bottom of video clips ) when i start to watch them again . they are start fast like normal .

thx all of you guys . meanwhile ill wait for new updates and hope to work for me somehow magically

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.