Description of the issue:
When switching back from vertical tabs, the horizontal tabs in the window can get squashed into an unsuable state after a specific set of steps. (using minimized tabs)
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Open Brave and open at least 2 tabs.
- Open second instance of Brave with any number of tabs open.
- On the instance with 2+ tabs open, right click on the tab and select “Use vertical tabs”
- Activate “minimize tabs”
- Right click on the tab and unselect “Use vertical tabs”
- Click on the other instance of Brave. (the tabs on the instance with 2+ tabs will now shrink to ~1/3 width.)
- Click on the instance with 2+ tabs (or the tab bar on the top of the browser) and the tabs shrink to show <1 tab.
- The auxilliary window will have no visible bugs.
No unexpected behaviour with tab sizes
Brave Version( check
Version 1.57.64 Chromium: 116.05845.188 (Official Build) (64-bit)
This issue can be fixed by switching back to vertical tabs and then selecting “expand tabs” before switching to horizontal tabs again.
Resizing the window briefly changes tab size to ~1/3 and it is usable until you click on another instance of Brave and back to the instance with 2+ tabs.