Too many tabs shrinks them all

As a developer i’m used to have multiple tabs (30+) opened at the same time. I was previously using FF which by default makes tabs scrollable and keeps them at a minumum size.

This is keeping me from using brave full-time as I cannot be looking at 30+ tabs at the same time to search for a specific one.

I hope this feature will be implemented on Brave as well but, for the time going, is there any “fix” to this issue? I’ve googled for more than half an hour but i could not find any real solution. The only one i found was using a tab manager extension for Chrome but that’s really ugly and, imo, user-unfriendly.

Thanks for the attention.

1 Like

IBesides the inability of using chromecast, this is also a major issue for me using brave. I would prefer scrollable tabs instead of tabs getting resized smaller and smaller with increasing tabs. Please implement an option to change that.

1 Like

Oh yes. Just moved to Brave and having this issue too.
I would even like to have tabs minimized to icons only, but the way they are being shorten now is simply awful. An icon and a half of first letter of the title. My eyes are hurt…

There’s an option in Brave where you can turn on tab scrolling, which will stop the tabs from shrinking when reached a minimum size. This will also add arrows to scroll your tabs horizontally if there are too many tabs.

1. Search for “chrome://flags”
  2. Search for Tab-Scrolling.
  3. Click on Tabs – Don’t Shrink or the other options such as until tabs shrink to small width, medium width, large width.
  4. Relaunch Browser.

There’s a tutorial about it here:
(Google tab-scrolling option) https://youtu.be/xFHkv9ztWiA

Also, I made my own tutorial video as well (advertising myself):
(My tutorial video) https://youtu.be/JYPTXQlQ_Bk

1 Like

Also, when hovering over a website tab icon, it will show the name of the website as a tooltip while also showing the preview of what the website looks like, similar to Google Chrome.

Have you tried the new vertical tabs in Brave? :smiley: