"Use system title bar and borders" setting is missing

I am using Brave Browser (Version 1.30.86 Chromium: 94.0.4606.61 (Official Build) (64-bit)) on Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS with XFCE.

I have a setting in XFWM (window manager for XFCE), “do not raise window on click”, meaning that when I click inside a window, it will be brought to focus but it will not be raised above other windows.

The problem is that this setting is only respected by Brave Browser when I toggle the settings “Use system title bar and borders”. On my other computer, running Manjaro, I have this setting active in Brave browser. However, today I just installed Brave on another computer running Ubuntu, and this setting has completely disappeared.

How do I find this setting?

Many thanks

2 Likes

No one has any idea? I think this is quite a serious issue if this setting has disappeared. For me it renders the browser completely unusable.

1 Like

Same problem here. I use KDE and I can configure different actions on response on events on the window bar (for example, moving window to the back when clicked with the middle button).

Without title bar I can’t do it anymore. I think I updated Brave and now there’s no title bar and no “Use system title bar and borders”.

Was that option removed?

The issue apparently lies with the latest version of Chrome. A solution was found on Reddit here:

For brave browser, the following steps are necessary:

• Right click on the area next to the “+” right of the right most tab to open a context menu. Here the setting “Use system title and borders” can be checked.
  • Go to brave://flags and disable “use-ozone-platform”
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.