Uphold KYC is far too difficult to pass

Guys come on… we were willing to give Uphold a chance, although we were skeptical of the fact they have the most extensive KYC policy we’ve ever come across (in crypto or otherwise).

We’ve officially been battling for over a month now to get our business account approved. They keep requesting further information. It’s really become quite a pain and we can’t access our BAT.

We’ve lost confidence in Uphold being the correct solution for Brave. They seem absolutely clueless.

2 Likes

i can’t say it is hard but more of slightly invasive and worrying on the data collection side but if I as a Nigerian could get verified with my country’s reputation on the internet.

1 Like

Hi @SludgeFeed,

Apologies for the inconvenience. Brave has partnered with Civic to offer KYC verification but for now, Uphold takes care of that before it will be handed over to Civic. To get your Business account on Uphold verified, you must have the following information ready:

1. Proof of address (such as a utility bill)

2. Uphold Username

3. Company Name

4. Purpose of Account

5. Address (Must be a Physical Address, P.O. Boxes will not be accepted)

6. Tax ID (EIN/SSN/TIN)

7. List and IDs of all Beneficial Owners associated with the business account

8. Certificate of good standing / filed business document (e.g. articles of in corporation) from state of gov’t entity

9. Expected monthly activity/transaction volume (in USD)?

2 Likes