Uphold in Switzerland

I was trying to register a Brave account through the Brave browser to earn rewards. I live in Switzerland and have a custodial account registered on my Swiss documents in Uphold. Unfortunately, I was unable to sync them due to the different countries of residence (Swiss in Uphold and France in Brave) I tried resetting my account, but during the registration of a new one, at the country choice step, there was no Switzerland option in the drop-down list. Is Switzerland not supported yet? Your website claims that it is! How do I make a Swiss account then? What about Israel? I also have an Israeli passport. Thank you in advance!

Version 1.52.126 Chromium: 114.0.5735.133 (Official Build) (arm64)
MacOS Ventura Version 13.3.1

No

From Brave? No, I haven’t.

No

Yes, I’m in Switzerland

I believe so

Not sure.

Please help.

Best regards,

Alex

@Saoiray any ideas about this one?

Sure there is.

Just for clarification, when you created the account, did you submit Switzerland passport or which passport did you submit to them?

It’s not one of the supported countries. https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/6539887971469

If you used that for Uphold and then sent in information later to show residence in Switzerland, Uphold would be reporting you as in Israel. So even if you chose Switzerland in the browser and try to connect, it would say Country Mismatch and you’d be unable to link. Hence why I asked the question earlier about which passport you used for KYC/AML when you created your Uphold account.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.