Update error code 3

Description of the issue:
Went to verify version of Brave running on my windows 11 laptop (which is used like a desktop). The updater has an Error Code 3 and 0x80040154-System level error. I have tried the fixes in previous posts and nothing seems to work to fix this. I’ve looked at the component services and all services seem to be as they should be. I checked the firewall and Brave is allowed through. Running Windows Firewall and Windows anti-virus. Looked at the registry key in Hkey_Local_Machine and the ap value is correct. Tried installing the new package over current installation and still have the error code. Tried rebooting the machine and still have the error code. The browser is on the most recent version: v1.48.158
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Launch browser
  2. Left Click on the 3 bars at the top right
  3. Left click on about brave

Expected result:
Updater should run and should confirm brave is up to date, but produces an error message instead.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
v1.48.158

Additional Information:

@Mattches could you please help. Thank you so much!

@tfarwell,
I believe that this issue will go away once there is a new version ready to download, as you are on the latest version of the browser at this time.

@Mattches Thank you! I’ll keep an eye on it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.