Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Brave version: Current: Version 1.57.49 Chromium: 116.0.5845.96 (Official Build) (64-bit emulated), running on Windows 11 ARM.
- Attempting to update using ‘About Brave’ consistently results in " error code 3: [0x800700C1] – system level
- I followed the complete uninstallation instructions, which are out-of-date, altering them to fit the actual Brave installation on Windows 11, including properly downloading and reinstalling the current version of Brave, then verifying the setting in Regedit. Nothing changed. These out-of-date instructions are at: https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025390311-How-do-I-download-and-install-Brave-0x800700C1
- I’ve turned off my VPN in order to see if it is related to the problem. It is not.
- I’ve poured through previous reports of this problem here at the Brave Community and found nothing helpful. Therefore, this report.
Brave should be finding its updates and installing them. It can’t even find them. I have a verified and active Internet connection.
Brave Version( check
Version 1.57.49 Chromium: 116.0.5845.96 (Official Build) (64-bit emulated)
OS: Microsoft Windows 11 Version 10.0.25295 Build 25295