Unable to sync. Can't find “I have a Sync Code” button. Brave browser stuck on "looking for device."

The title states it. Where do I go when what Brave states I should click on does not exist?

But the title doesn’t provide an “enough” information about your issue, @Ran23. :sweat_smile:

On desktop or mobile (Android or iOS)? Did this article can help https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021218111-How-do-I-set-up-Sync- ?

Basically, those button – “I have a Sync Code” – is appears before you create a sync chain on that device.

Please show me where “I have a Sync Code” appears in either of the two screen shots I sent to you, eljuno, via email.

It’s on both desktop and Android that this occurs. After that, I’m unsure how much more information is required to satisfy your personal definition of “‘enough’ information about the issue.”

As for the article, No.

Please show me where “I have a Sync Code” appears in either of the two attached screen shots.

It’s on both desktop and Android that this occurs. After that, I’m unsure how much more information is required to satisfy your personal definition of “‘enough’ information about the issue.”

As for the article, No.

Actually, now I’m more confused about what your issue is. :sweat_smile: On your 2nd screenshot, it seems that you already have 2 devices synced on your sync chain.

Did you want to add other device to your sync chain?

@Ran23 this :point_up:

You can’t see the button because you already have sync setup on your devices. You’ll see the button on your other device/s that you want to sync. See screenshots below

Android

Desktop

1 Like

Despite all you have stated, it is NOT working. How do I know? Two things:

1. My PC version of the Brave browser reads “0.0 BAT” whereas the one on my mobile reads “6.7 BAT.”

2. Every time I attempt to sync, I am greeted with an endless “looking for device” in the button. I let it go on both for a while, and after several days, guess what? “Looking for device.” As I type this, both devices are sitting on my desk, and yet neither seems to sync. I have both devices hooked up to my Bose Color II, and I have my email synced and my photo backup nearly instant from my mobile to my PC, but Brave browser is not working.

If I “already have 2 devices synced on [my] sync chain,” then why are they not synced and exhibiting a similar number of BAT?

Brave Sync for now only sync your bookmarks across-devices. Other type of data sync is in the plan, including wallet sync.

What is this “plan”? Can you provide a link?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.