Unable to sync between OSX and my iOS devices

Description of the issue: No “Scan Sync Code” button found on my iOS devices per the instructions in OSX Brave

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. In OSX Brave, go to Settings/Sync/Access Sync via brave://sync, then click on link
  2. “Sync Setup” screen appears; click on “Start a new sync chain” button
  3. “Choose Device Type” screen appears; click on “Phone/Tablet” button
  4. " Sync Chain QR Code" screen appears with visible QR Code. Instructions advise: “On your mobile device, navigate to Brave Sync in the Settings panel and click the button “Scan Sync Code”. Use your camera to scan the QR Code below.”
  5. From iPhone (6S) or iPad (Air2) Brave Settings, choose “Other Settings/Sync” – “Sync” screen appears.
  6. Screen shows Devices On Chain: iPhone (This Device); immediately below that is a button for “Add another device.”

**Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!): In contradiction to the OSX Brave instructions, there’s no “Scan Sync Code” button with which to scan the QR Code on the OSX Brave screen.

**Expected result: “Scan Sync Code” button is present for use in scanning the OSX Brave screen QR Code

**Reproduces how often: Every time

Brave Version(See the About Brave page in Settings):

**Mobile Device details iPhone 6S and iPad Air2 running current operating systems

Android/iOS Version: iOS 12.3.1 on both of my iOS devices

**Additional Information:**I’ve not seen this reported in any other support requests. Am I doing something wrong?

1 Like

Sorry…I’m running iOS Brave versions 1.10 on both iPhone and iPad

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.