Bookmarks Window and Import

Brave Version( check About Brave):* Version 1.25.72 Chromium: 91.0.4472.101

I am transitioning from Firefox to Brave and would like to test the browser before committing permanently. The following issues have come up for me:

1. Bookmarks cannot be permanently shown as in Firefox. How can I do this? As I work a lot with bookmarks, having them always there open is important to me.

2. Bookmarks cannot be re-imported from Firefox (I imported them a while ago, so my bookmarks are not up to date with Firefox and I’d like to re-import them).

thank you for your assistence.

Manny

Hey Manny,

For your first issue, I believe you’re referring to the bookmarks bar. If that’s the case, go to your browser settings, search for “bookmarks bar”, and if it’s set to off, you can turn it on from there.

For your second, I’m not sure of the issue you’re facing. Can you elaborate and send some screenshots of this so I can make sure of it?

Hey Adrian, tx for the info. I have the bookmarks bar on, it just shows a little bar at the top with a folder saying “imported from firefox”, which I can then click on and work my way through tediously to find the right link. In Firefox, it’s very convenient that you can attach the bookmarks as a fixture on the left of your browsing window, making it super quick to access. Is this not possible with Brave? If not, I’d love to see this as a feature…

The other question pertains to that I downloaded brave a while ago but did not really get around to using it much (wanted to research your philosophy a bit more), so when I imported my bookmarks from Firefox, they dont yet include all the links and arrangements I made since then. Can I re-import the Firefox bookmarks now, by perhaps deleting them now and then re-importing them? I found no way to do this…

thanks for your help!

Manny

Unfortunately, that’s not available as a feature, but there is likely an extension that would circumvent this issue for you. I searched for and found this one, but if that doesn’t work, have a look around:

For that other issue of yours, you should be able to reimport your bookmarks as they are,. If you want to delete your bookmarks on Brave beforehand, you can just put them all in one folder and then delete it.

Hey thanks for your quick reply, just deleted my imported bookmarks and reimported them - worked. I’ll have a look at the extension.
have a good weekend, Manny

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.