Bookmarks NOT importing from Safari

Bookmarks will not import.

Welcome, @Fitzcarraldo. Could you please share what version of macOS you’re using (Apple menu–>About this Mac) and what version of Brave (brave://version or, to also initiate update check, brave://help)?

I thought this had been solved, but can’t find evidence of that, now. @Mattches, do you know whether it has been? Would granting Brave full disk access do it?

In the meantime, there’s this workaround:

2 Likes

@Fitzcarraldo,
Please repost (or edit your original post) to reflect the template and guidelines and we’d be more than happy to assist you.

10.14 Mojave. Brave Version 0.65.118 Chromium: 75.0.3770.80 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I have just tried again and nothing happens when I try to import except DONE, but no imports

Michael Woodward

1 Like

@Fitzcarraldo,
I can look into this but in the meantime, I’d recommend simply Exporting your favorites from Safari and Importing them manually:

1. In Safari, go to File --> Export Bookmarks, save these somewhere on your machine.
  2. In Brave, go to Menu --> Bookmarks --> Import bookmarks and settings and select Bookmarks as HTML file from the drop-down menu.
1 Like

I will try. Thank you.

That worked. Much appreciated.

1 Like