[ubuntu 20.04] [v Version 1.21.74] Cannot leave existing sync chain

NOTE: Any “one-liner” or topics requesting support or reporting bugs that do not make an effort to include as much of this information as possible will not be responded to. Repeatedly posting as such is grounds for banning._
Please try to adhere to this template when reporting bugs. If you think you don’t need to fill out every section in the template fill out as much of it as you can and please be as descriptive as possible when posting.
<---------Delete this line and everything above before posting---------->

Description of the issue:
Can’t leave an existing sync chain with no other devices on it. Trying to add this version of brave to my existing chain with several devices on it. I go to sync and see “Manage your synced devices.” Cannot see any UI to remove from existing chain.

i’ve also tried deleting the sync folders on the brave profile without any result.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:

Reproduces how often:

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Additional Information:

@arooni,
You shouldn’t delete any folders as it may cause more issues than you originally had. On your desktop machine, if you go to Brave --> Sync do you not see the following option at the bottom of the page?

I can see that UI (btw I would suggest to move it up to the top of the page as its so far down that some people might ignore it).

Yet when I do it auto creates a new sync chain and doesn’t give me an option to join an existing one. See screenshots:

no other update? should i log a bug?

@arooni,
Apologies for the late reply. I think it may in some way be related to another issue I recently opened:

When you leave the sync chain, is the device appear removed on the other devices on the sync chain?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.