Can't leave sync chain on ubuntu 20.04

Description of the issue:

Hi, I press the “Leave Sync Chain” in Ubuntu, but nothing happens. In macOS, the sync settings go back to “Start using sync”, but in Ubuntu 20.04 the Sync setting jsut says “Manage your synced devices”.
I am using
Version 1.21.76 Chromium: 89.0.4389.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)
on linux, and the same on macOS.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Select sync
    2.select Leave Sync Chain
  2. press OK to leave the chain

Expected result:
Sync setting “Start using sync”
Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.21.76 Chromium: 89.0.4389.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Additional Information:

Am sure this is just some file somewhere that I need to delete, just need to know which file and where it might be as a bonus.

Also tried uninstalling and re-installing via apt. But it still finds the bookmarks and still cannot remove from the chain, which means that all my settings are not being removed as part of the install/uninstall. Any idea where those settings live would be apprecaited…

1 Like

Hi, so I found the config in .config/Bravesoftware. I simply removed the “Bravesoftware” folder(be sure you have exported or have a backup of all your bookmarks as it loses everything once this folder is gone) and then uninstalled and reinstalled brave again. Now it is all working. just an case anyone has the same issue.

Sc0tt...
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.