Tor Disconnected/Unable to Uninstall Brave

Description of the issue: (1) My brave tor windows always says “Disconnected”; (2) when Brave automatically opens a .onion link I get a blank purple window that never connects; (3) when I try and uninstall brave browser, I get an error message stating “An error occurred while trying to uninstall Brave. It may have already been uninstalled. Would you like to remove Brave from the Programs and Features List? Yes/No”–selecting yes does nothing (see screencap for error message).
brave_uninstall_error

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): Select “New Private window with Tor”; enter URL for a .onion site; try to uninstall Brave from within windows.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!): See my description above. These behaviors are persistent and unchanging.

Expected result: Tor to work/Brave to uninstall. I don’t actually want to uninstall brave, but I motived the co-incidence of these two bugs when looking for a solution so I though it worth including.

Reproduces how often: Always

Operating System and Brave Version: Windows 10 Pro (10.0.19045 Build 19045); Brave: Version 1.57.53 Chromium: 116.0.5845.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)

**Additional Information: I observed in the closed thread here Brave with Tor not connecting the same set of problems together: tor window always disconnected, inability to uninstall brave; the thread is closed, however.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.