Three Issues With Brave Browser

Brave Browser is melting down. These are my issues to date.

1. I lose all open windows and am left staring at a blank screen. I have to open a window and get the message that Brave closed unexpectedly and would I like to restore.

2. The Copy and Paste function on the (Brave browser only) stops working. I cannot use Ctrl C or V on the browser and have to reboot to make that function work again. It works fine on anything not associated with Brave.

3. When I reboot, I lose all passwords to websites and have to login again and lose all settings on my search engine. Having to redo all this every two to three days is getting quite old. I used to have Microsoft’s browser before it became Edge and it worked great and saved all login info so when you rebooted it automatically logged you into your accounts.

I have individually posted these issues and NOBODY at Brave has bothered to respond or assist in fixing anything.

I’m of the opinion that outside the creator forum that Brave doesn’t respond and doesn’t care about its users. Nobody from Brave has reached out to me and I can’t find a site to send a support ticket.

1 Like

@Ahtel I can’t speak for anyone at Brave since I don’t work for them, but let me give you a quick rundown on some things here as someone who spends time helping here. Let me also clarify, I’m just naturally “blunt” and just going to point things out. Nothing here to be condescending or anything. I’m just answering and advising so can try to give some answers to your complaint(s) and concerns.

I’ll do a reply under this to focus more on the issues you have. This first reply is just to address your complaints about people not responding to your topics.

1. The first is that I originally didn’t see your other posts. There are a lot of people who post and it’s easy to miss things. This is usually where it’s suggested for people to keep topics alive. That said, I did see your other post today from someone responding, but that leads to point #2 as an issue:

2. You provided no details and/or never posted in appropriate categories. Like Browser Keeps Closing Out is Uncategorized uncategorized. Reboot causes ALL login information to vanish was put under Desktop Support but you deleted the template that asked you questions, which means you therefore never provided any of the information wanted/needed. Then Copy and Paste Not Working on Brave Browser only was put under Web Compatibility but the topic had nothing to do with compatibility with websites…plus again you deleted the template rather than answering questions provided. Then to Reboot causes ALL login information to vanish you did Desktop Support but again erased the template and provided no details.

When you go to create a topic and choose a category, it does like below:

The text is as follows:

NOTE: Any “one-liner” or topics requesting support or reporting bugs that do not make an effort to include as much of this information as possible will not be responded to. Repeatedly posting as such is grounds for banning._
Please try to adhere to this template when reporting bugs. If you think you don’t need to fill out every section in the template fill out as much of it as you can and please be as descriptive as possible when posting.
<---------Delete this line and everything above before posting---------->

Description of the issue:

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:

Reproduces how often:

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Additional Information:

Notice how the warning on top says topics requesting support or reporting bugs that do not make an effort to include as much of this information as possible will not be responded to.

What I can tell you as someone who spends a lot of time helping people, it gets time consuming. And it is annoying to frequently have to ask people to share what OS they are using, which version of Brave, etc. This is especially true when it’s part of the template for information that is requested when they are initially seeking help. What tends to happen is we see empty topics like yours and the most we can do is ask you for the info, then there can be a long time before people reply. In the meanwhile, we’re not guaranteed to see the reply. So yeah, it’s best to give as much information and details as you initially can so that we can hopefully give you the answer in the first replies.

1. In terms of support tickets, there are none for browser issues. Support tickets only exist for Rewards, Creators, and Premium products. All browser related issues requires topics to be opened here and information to be provided.
7 Likes

Okay, so the above reply out of the way, let me focus more on your issue and trying to see what we can figure out. Obviously, I do need the information you haven’t given to anyone yet.

• Which version of Brave are you using?
  • Which OS? -EDIT- Actually, in one of your replies to yourself on one of your topics you mentioned Windows 10, but just good to confirm this.

If you go to brave://crashes do you see anything? If it’s been crashing, then you should see something like below:

If it looks exactly like above, then you will need to hit the Send Now button. In order for it to actually send, you’ll need to exit Brave completely and then can reopen. When you return, it should show something like below:

Ideally, would want/need you to copy and paste that over as it is difficult to look and type out, from pictures. Yet I know for your problem of saying it stops working, that might be a bit of a different dilemma.

• Are you using any extensions? If so, could you create a new browser profile and make sure you do not change settings or add any extensions. Just use it “as is” and see if you notice any changes. (New profile is hamburger menu image → More Tools → Add new profile which will then create a secondary profile with mostly default settings.

• When you say can’t copy and paste, is that limited to only keyboard commands? Focus here is whether it’s keyboard command issue or if it’s a copy/paste problem. So if you can use mouse to copy and paste but Ctrl+C, Ctrl+X, or Ctrl+V don’t work, then it helps point in direction of what might be happening.

• Have you changed anything in settings for Shortcuts? brave://settings/system/shortcuts

Sounds like you’re clearing cookies. It could be something within Brave’s settings you have chosen, such as brave://settings/clearBrowserData if you have On Exit stuff checked off, such as below:

Or it could be something from outside of Brave, such as if you’re using CCleaner, Avast Cleaner, or anything else which is meant to clear space. It could be helpful to know if you perhaps have anything like that which might be causing issues.

4 Likes

I didn’t delete anything and as for the categories, maybe better instructions or less choices would make it easier for users to get it right.

I repeat, I DID NOT DELTET ANYTHING.

But it’s nice to finally get a response, even if it is to blast me. Can we fix the issues?

1 Like

This is the settings on my delete browsing history.
Screenshot 2024-07-06 Delete Cookies

I cannot change these settings. The system won’t let me.

1 Like

On the screenshot here, it’s on the Basic tab. Then there is an Advanced and on the right is On Exit. It’s that right side that I was saying, if you can click it and make sure nothing checked off there.

1 Like

Here is a screenshot of my shortcut settings.

1 Like

That’s the outside part. If you click on Shortcuts you’ll see it’s a bigger menu, like below:

I don’t want screenshot of it but is a question if you ever changed anything there or if it’s all at default. Such as:

Just wanted to rule out that perhaps things like Ctrl+C had been assigned to something else. Though I’m doubting that’s the case. I just want to be careful about assumptions.

1 Like

Nothing is checked on the On Exit button.

I’ve never hit on shortcut button before. Didn’t know I could. Nothing has been changed.

1 Like

I did have one extension: crypto.com

I disabled it.

1 Like

I did download the Brave Wallet and my problems started after that. I don’t know how to delete the wallet and maybe fix the issues.

1 Like

Here is the Browser Information. I had to go to search engines to learn where it was. A suggestion. A tutorial for issues labeling what you need and where to find them, like a list, would help you and the users. I am floundering around trying to find what you want.
BRAVE BROWSER

1 Like

My operating system info:

COMPUTER INFO

64 bit

Can you explain more on this? Brave Wallet is part of the browser and isn’t something extra you download. Do you actually mean you downloaded something extra or do you just mean that you perhaps had activated it?

Copy and Paste. That’s a good question. I never used the mouse for that function, just the control C and V as my go to preference.

I will change my keyboard to a new one.

I did turn my Internet Security off and had the same issues as when it was turned on, so that is not a factor.

I hope you can help me. Thank you, and sorry for the frustration on my part.

I got the wallet from your menu, the three lines in the upper right on my screen. I’ve created an account, but never loaded any crypto into it.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s the keyboard because it works fine with Office program.

I don’t have a clue where to find the crash report. The send button to Brave was turned off so I enabled it.

Windows 10

OPERATING SYSTEM

1 Like