Three Issues With Brave Browser

I must have activated it. I thought I downloaded it from your site.

Never use online wallets, no matter which kind of and who provides it -get a Ledger or Trezor hardware wallet stick - you can use them for any cryptos and transactions or payments and they are secure because nobody except you can reach your data !
Here you deliver your userdata to the system for 6 years even after you left … and for what ? that some more than suspicious organizations can feast on your peanuts … but as always - -where people think they get something “for free” they pay with all their valuable treasures like personal data and security …

@Ahtel,
Apologies for not responding to your topics sooner — there are thousands of threads posted here on Community weekly and support staff can only respond to so many in a work day. I will do my best to assist you now, but there is too much information floating around in this thread. Please answer the questions I have for each issue below exactly so I can get a clear idea of what is happening.

To start, you keep saying “reboot” — are you referring to rebooting your entire system, or just the browser?

• When exactly does this happen? Randomly? After performing a specific action or visiting a specific website?
  • You say you’re left staring at a “blank screen” — are you saying you’re staring that Brave closes and you’re then left staring at your PC? Or are you saying that the browser screen goes blank when this occurs? Or does the whole system screen turn blank?
  • Can you please share a screenshot of exactly what you see when you go to brave://crashes?
  • You say that the Copy/Paste function stops working in Brave — implying that it is working initially, correct? If so, when does it stop? After visiting a specific site? After performing a certain action?
  • Can you reproduce this quickly (that is, if you were to open the browser right now and just start copying and pasting this sentence over and over again somewhere in the browser, how long would it take for the functionality to stop working)?
  • When copy/paste stops working in Brave, if you close the browser and try to use Ctrl + C or V in another app/on your machine right after, does it still work?
  • As asked previously, do you mean when you reboot your system you lose all your data, or is it when you reboot the browser?
  • If you open the browser and visit some sites and save some data (lets say passwords), then go to brave://password-manager/passwords do the passwords you just saved appear in the list?
  • Is it just password and search engine data that is being cleared? That is, are things like your browser history, bookmarks, etc. still there or are those being cleared each time as well?
  • Do you have a system password setup on your OS at this time (that you would use to login to your machine after you restart it)?
1 Like

When Brave crashes, all the screens I have open close at once. Then I have to re-open the browser and it asks if I want to restore due to Brave closing improperly. This only happens every two or three days.

The main problem which causes me to reboot daily is the copy and paste not working. I had to reboot this morning I did get a chance to try the mouse and the right click copy and paste doesn’t work either. This is my premier issue right now as it’s effecting my work.

Thank you for getting back on this.

The passwords that are saved appear in the list, but one of the passwords doesn’t automatically pull up and I have to manually input the data from scratch, although it’s on the list. It uses a different email that the saved list doesn’t recognize. I lose all login information upon reboot and all saved search engine settings. I use roughly six saved sites for my business and I have to relog into them every time I reboot.

Thank you — can you please answer the rest of my questions:

• You say that the Copy/Paste function stops working in Brave — implying that it is working initially, correct? If so, when does it stop? After visiting a specific site? After performing a certain action?
  • Can you reproduce this quickly (that is, if you were to open the browser right now and just start copying and pasting this sentence over and over again somewhere in the browser, how long would it take for the functionality to stop working)?
  • When copy/paste stops working in Brave, if you close the browser and try to use Ctrl + C or V in another app/on your machine right after, does it still work?
  • As asked previously, do you mean when you reboot your system you lose all your data, or is it when you reboot the browser?
  • Is it just password and search engine data that is being cleared? That is, are things like your browser history, bookmarks, etc. still there or are those being cleared each time as well?
  • Do you have a system password setup on your OS at this time (that you would use to login to your machine after you restart it)?

I haven’t found any set pattern as to why the copy and paste stops working. All I could do is each time I visit a site, I could try and copy something from that site and see when or how many pages it takes for the function to cease function. It is a daily occurrence. Since I rebooted I haven’t been able to recreate the loss of function. It will happen sometime today.

The only thing effected upon reboot is search engine settings and login info.

I don’t have a login password to the system, but on one of the functions it asks for a login to the system, but it is not upon startup. I’ll have to remember when it asks for the password and log it. I think it might be to access one of my crypto wallets.

I just remembered that every website that I visit that has an internal settings option, like whether or not sound is on or off, is also reset.

A reboot is causing all setting and login to be either logged out or reset to beginning. No settings outside Brave Browser is effected on my computer. Like all my app choices remain unaffected and don’t default.

I’m thinking of deleting and reinstalling Brave Browser and see if this doesn’t fix the issues.

1 Like

The copy and paste function works on all applications outside of Brave on the computer.

@Ahtel,
Thank you for the information.
Normally I like to avoid a complete reinstall (including data wipe) of the browser, since it would mean you’d have to re-input any bookmarks, passwords, etc. that you have currently in the browser. However, your data appears to be clearing itself automatically anyway so this might actually be the best move at this time.

If you have any bookmarks in the browser, please export them first by going to brave://bookmarks/, clicking the “three dots” icon on the top-right of the page and then selecting Export bookmarks.

Then (I believe you’re on Windows), on your system, go to Add & Remove programs find Brave and uninstall it. When prompted, make sure you elect to delete any app/browser data associated with Brave. If you do not see the prompt or want to ensure that everything has been properly cleared, you can check by going to (on your system):

C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\

And ensure that there is no Brave/BraveSoftware directory lingering here. If there is, go ahead and delete it. Then visit brave.com and redownload the browser and test to see if these issues persist.

Appreciate your patience with us here. Please let me know what you find out.

Some crypto’s aren’t supported by the hard wallets. The U.S. is a horrible place to buy crypto due to the crooked SEC.

@Ahtel,
I forgot to mention, if you have any crypto assets saved in Brave Wallet, make sure you have your recovery phrase saved so that you can access your wallet again:

I re-downloaded Brave after making sure I got it all deleted from the system. I will give an update if the problems persist. I a week passes without issue, we can call this a fix.

Thanks again,

Ahtel

1 Like

LOL, I have to agree after years of peddling in crypto and losing most of it. Oh, I have all the worthless coins I bought, but the market is so rigged it rises and falls all at once and together. That tells you how rigged the system is. If you haven’t already, watch online the movie, The Jones Plantation. Larkin Rose did a good job explaining to the average person just how enslaved we all are and the mentality of the slaves.

Where I live, there is stark poverty pushed up against million dollar homes. My cousin the other day passed a man dressed all in furs along the road where I live. That guy lives up in the mountains, probably in a cave. I see a guy near my place that pushes a bike looking for things to pick up. He avoids all contact with people and we know he lives in the woods and maybe a cave. I saw a young couple with a baby this winter pulling a wagon into the woods through three feet of snow right at dark. Homeless stretch from one end of this road to the other end and I’m only one ten mile stretch of road. All the other roads are as mine. There is a small army of Russians a few miles further up past the end of the road. Army flies by all the time, so I’m sure they are keeping an eye on them. And then there are the many vehicles and rv’s parked. That’s America today.

I do believe now that crypto was a testing ground for the governments to gauge the people and see how receptive they are to digital currency. 2025 is when they plan on cutting physical money in the U.S…, or so I’ve heard. China is buying gold and silver and we are locking the land up in parks that holds our gold. I don’t know how gold is going to play out in day to day lives. I’m thinking about selling my crypto and buying some. They track everyone’s identity on that also. Government’s gotta get their cut.

they censored my post because it does not fit in they say – so theysoon will censor yours too :wink:

My main problem also is one I have repeated several times. I didn’t do anything to change any settings, and I continued to need to reenter my username and password for FB, YT, Instagram, and others. I left Brave in the dust. Before I would ever go back to Brave, I would need to have a fresh update where this problem is resolved, without me having to go through some lengthy settings change process. Brave caused the problem, now I would like them to just fix it before I ever use it again.