THREAD: "BAT payout significantly less than estimated earnings" issue

UPDATE:
The actual bug involved in this issue has actually been fixed already and was pushed in the update to v1.40.x:

The reason the issue appears to still be ongoing is likely due to to the amount of time required for the browser to process any payment tokens “stuck” in the browser. While it will vary for each individual user based on the amount of tokens that need to be processed and how long their browser has been running (among other factors), this issue will (for users who have updated the latest build) resolve itself without any further action required.

Some of you will have already updated to v1.40x on the 21st and have already had everything process and should be “caught up” for this current payout and will see everything deposited correctly once this payout is fully processed. If you have not received your full payment by the end of this current payment process, that means the browser may have submitted tokens after the monthly cutoff and would appear in your August payout period.

Our best steps to take for anyone who’s encountering this are as followed:

1. Ensure you’re using the latest version of the browser — v1.40.113 at the time of writing this.
  2. Once fully updated, please leave the browser open/running as long as you reasonable can (whether you’re actively using it or not) in order to give the browser as much time as possible to process everything.

(Original Post)
Hello Community,
For anyone here whose Rewards (from viewing ads) are significantly less than anticipated — that is, a difference of >1 BAT between estimated earnings and the Rewards you are set to receive according to the browser — it is due to an issue the team is continually working to address.

The best thing to do right now to help us resolve this is send us your Rewards logs files so we can review and hopefully determine the root cause of the bug.

To submit your logs to us, please follow these instructions :

1. Enable Enable Brave Rewards Verbose logging inside of brave://flags. (Relaunch if prompted)
  2. (If Verbose Logging was already on, please restart your browser)
  3. Go to brave://rewards-internals and click on Logs
  4. Now use the browser, ideally for ~30 minutes, as you normally would.
  5. Return to the logs page and hit the Refresh Button
  6. Download your logs.
  7. Fill out the form on this page and submit the logs → https://upload-support.brave.com/rewards (note that we’re only interested in your Rewards logs — you do not need to provide the Rewards DB information).
  8. Send me a DM with the subject line "Low BAT Payout and include the case number you are given once you are done submitting your logs. You may also reply to this thread simply saying that you’ve sent the information.

Thank you for your understanding and for helping us resolve this issue.

18 Likes

@hasancelik If you see “wallet not created yet” on brave://rewards-internals/, it’s a bug. I am generally able to see Wallet payment id there after a relaunch. Do post an update.

1 Like

I Have Sent The Information @Mattches

1 Like

Hello,
Just did your steps above:
9654f5ce-8097-417e-a7a7-68ffea9b5efe

This happened in May and now again in June.
Thanks
wrv

I sent the infos! Thanks for Your time @Mattches ! Awaiting the news!

Thank you so much, I got it now.

This is the case number: 703c5438-8802-4167-8cdc-c893726bcaab

You can ignore previous one.

Sent the information requested.

I submit the ticket and I sent you a PM

earlier this morning my little BAT rewards preview thing said 2.876 BAT was going to be deposited in 6 days, and now all of a sudden it’s saying 2.427 wil be deposited in 6 days?? what happened?!

I didn’t get my rewards from last month and this month I haven’t been served any ads. Support sent me a form to fill out which I did and haven’t heard anything more from them.

I have sent the information.

I’ve sent the information.
Thank you.

sent the information. for 2 laptops

@davemp88 Do you remember this 2.876 BAT as your last month’s payout. It tends to show that for a few seconds then updates.

I’ve sent the information. @Mattches

1 Like

I have sent the information. @Mattches

1 Like

I have sent the information @Mattches

1 Like

I sent the information. @Mattches
case number: 93408749-9685-4355-a09c-014d699fc206

1 Like