This app has been blocked by your system administrator. Contact your system administrator

Hi Guys

I am trying to install brave browser in my work laptop and I get a “This app has been blocked by your system administrator. Contact your system administrator” when I try the BraveBrowserSetup. I have administrator rights and I have installed a hell lot of other softwares without this issue.

How do I install brave now? Any suggestions?

Regards,
Anish

@anishjp ,

The following is a good example of how Brave Support requests that you make a report:

That mean ur it manager is blocking all kind of package instalation. Not brave issue

1 Like

You don’t have full access to laptop. Its a work laptop, they have made some restrictions.

1 Like

@289wk

Description of the issue:

1. Download the 64 bit installation file of Brave.
  2. Double click on the installation file.
  3. A pop up appears “This app has been blocked by your system administrator. Contact your system administrator”.

@Metaverse

I have full access and I have sucessfully installed the below browsers already.

1. Firefox
  2. Opera
  3. Vivaldi
  4. Chrome

@hosnobeek

As I said, I have installed a lot of other browsers and database adminstration tools already. The issue is only with brave installation file.

Update:

From the event viewer, I have found out that Microsoft app locker is blocking it from installation.

Regards,
Anish

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.