Testing.... External Video hosting officially supported on discourse other than yt ? Wistia, Veed.io, Loom, mega.nz ? which is best for effective embedding on this discourse powered community?

yeah i agree with you, but most of the websites essentially following the “it just works” magic… i mean nothing makes me feel like im using outdated browser…

After using outdated version of brave for almost 7+ months for the basic websites use… i think my analogy was right

in addition to this, i also see it in this way

Chromium 109 → windows 8.1 os
Chromium 110 → Windows 10 or higher
chromium 150 → windows 11 23 h2 or higher

Although these are different version of browsers/windows operating system versions, they still technically have the same abilities in most cases except for massive ui overhaul, new features…etc

i mean win 8.1 can do most of the things that win 10 can do(if we ignore the support of 3rd party apps and its usage…)im talking about native use of windows without involvement any kind of 3rd party apps… Similarly win 10 can do most of the things which win 11 can do…etc

what these newer version of windows might have is only new features or design changes BUT the bases are already strengthened ever since from Windows 7

And as for extensions, you’re right, especially the one which im more worried about is the Troywell extension…its truly great… im working on breaking dependencies with other extensions and will see what i can do…

Just got myself a new pc aswell where its a custom pc…i builded everything with whatever is supported as latest… intel skylake, rtx 20 series…etc just to use windows 8.1 for next 5 to 7 years until Microsoft gets good at offering customization…

setting up win11 vm only for BRAVE Browser in case it eventually fails or some site shows issues… this screenshot was taken for ROG forum to share it with devs for Armoury crate feedback but i think its also worth sharing here

working on optimizing the vm especially for speeding up the performance…i will post a separate thread on how the performance is later after sharing ad blocking without usage of Brave shields/adblockers thread