Ads on youtube, brave ad blocker not working with youtube's new testing?

**yesterday saw on twitter that youtube is testing blocker for ad blocker well i just got an ad on youtube **

Exact URL of the website in question:

**Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)i worked fine for a long time now youtube shows ads

**Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?yes

**Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):*no *

**Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?yes

**Brave version (check About Brave):1.51.114

another ad

Indeed.

A YouTube spokesperson confirmed this experiment and said the company urges viewers to try YouTube Premium or allow ads on the platform.

We’re running a small experiment globally that urges viewers with ad blockers enabled to allow ads on YouTube or try YouTube Premium,” the spokesperson told BleepingComputer.

Of course, the changes Google have made in Manifest V3 were absolutely nothing to do with crippling the ability of content blocking extensions to work. Sure…

@shubh30 I can’t replicate on mine. Essentially I’m going to ask you to try the basic troubleshooting steps and to also check your settings.

For Shields, you’ll want:

Then when you click on Content Filtering, make sure you have:

• Fanboy Annoyance’s List
  • uBlock Annoyance List
    __________-

As far as troubleshooting, do each one step at a time. Don’t do all at once. Only continue to next if issue persists:

• Clear cookies, at least for YouTube

• Open in Private Window

• Create a new browser profile

If you try all of the above and still have issues, let us know. Otherwise advise which step solved it. A lot of times, it’s bad cookies. But it can be extensions or settings as well. So each of those steps kind of are helping to check some of the more common issues.

This has no effect on Brave, as Brave Shields is programmed within the browser using Rust and will have no impact by Manifest V3.

Clearing cookies/cache in brave://settings/clearBrowserData then relogin into google/youtube should help

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.