Testing.... External Video hosting officially supported on discourse other than yt ? Wistia, Veed.io, Loom, mega.nz ? which is best for effective embedding on this discourse powered community?

Youtube ads are getting more and more aggressive…its like a video ad plays for every video whereas like 2 years ago, if you had watched a video which has shown you 3 ads, atleast the next 2 videos which you watch wont show you ads, now there is an ad for every single video

While Brave shields is still effective on 99.9% of the other sites where im also satisified with its effectiveness…Brave shields now seems like its getting weaker to yt on chromium 109 even with components got fully updated…

maybe if its due to chromium 109, i am alright with that as i came into conclusion that its not wise to be dependent on brave shields 100% for yt use as it became weaker to yt…

i am also not interested in using ad blockers or 3rd party software to be installed on windows, i wanted something to be browser native…

DIY is only seems to be the final solution so I am currently working on finding ways on how to block yt ads without using adblockers and without brave shields helping me out… i have managed to make it work which i wanted to share here and find out ways on how my own manual method can be improved further…

i think it wont be nice to make an anti-yt video to youtube and sharing it here…also i find it to be annoying… personally its not cool for me for making an video like how to block yt ads without usage of adblockers/shields and uploading that to yt…

i wanted to keep it as a secret so that it stays within a few people and since there are a lot of threads made daily, it will make that manual method thread disappear from the home feed “latest” page after like 3 days has been passed…

this method which i am currently working is an update to my old thread which i made using my 2nd account

https://community.brave.com/t/temporary-easy-workaround-fix-for-brave-browser-not-blocking-youtube-ads-alternate-quick-fix-yt-black-screen-ads-on-windows-7-and-8-1/500814/2

New method also eliminates banner ads, poster ads, side panel ads without using any adblocker.

As you can see on that previous thread, there are these black screen ads which are very persistent even with BRAVE SHIELDS BEING ON… while this method works, i dont like seeing that black screen every now and then most often and thought that i need to work on improving that workaround further more effectively whenever while i load up a video which also ends up improving the responsiveness and page load times to be much faster thats why i worked on discovering this new manual method…

As for this brave community, i am annoyed by the 8mb video limit on this community…i am still wondering how you came into conclusion and have decided that people can make 90+ seconds longer videos in HD quality and bring it to 8mb size… Is this community is on standard plan and avoid the business plan ? please give importance to the community because i think the community is great way to share new ideas and make brave devs to be aware of something which i wanted to say more effectively than any other means of communication So i would love to see you show some love and care to this community to upgrading to enterprise plan… you dont need to overthink because as i can see all the threads are moderated and not many people are posting videos…its very less people who will make use of this feature and it would nice addition to see this video host support as an community development update… so you should atleast switch to enterprise starter… you make a lot of money and have 50 million+ users so 500$ per month is not something which you should overthink and sweat about…

The screen contents are of 55 inch which is more tougher for me to get to that size without losing details in video… so im trying to see if other hosts can be embedded here…

testing loom…

Multiple cross reference check…
check 2

if the video shows up and then i’ll work on recording because it would be waste of time putting the efforts of recording it, grabbing a link and only to discover later that embedding doesnt work…

if loom fails, i will try veed.io

mega.nz not sure whether the mp4 will embed properly…i do know the site is not capable of making my favorite mkv work as a video player…

wistia might end up working but it has bandwidth limitations just like mega…so giving others 1st priority

Alright, it seems like loom works

i will work on refining my manual method and test it with more videos to see the stability…
i will share the recorded video of manual method later in the coming days…

Given the age of Chromium 109, Would recommend use uBO with shields (Ads & Trackers = disabled). Since 109 is unsupported now.

My Goal is to break dependency (for example like you say ublock adblocker or any kind of blockers can work for the moment but cant say the same for future… Like what if they stop maintaining support aswell ?)

Also there are these kinds of issue which may arise

and that’s why i have worked on how these stuffs work and managed to implement my own techniques of blocking and as i shown you the previous thread posted under my 2nd account which is workaround, the current new method which im following works much more effectively and page load times are much faster than what you see on that previous video… i mean this one

i am not seeing any ads for last 3 days ever since i discovered this trick… i do know it needs more optimizations as i could be missing something which is the reason why i wanted to share an video to show everyone what im doing and find out if whether can someone like you or anyone else in this community who checks it can share some ideas to tweak it further… As of now, everything works just fine, no ads even with brave shields disabled and no ad blockers being used…its also important to note that black screen ads issue is not an compatible issue of older windows oses rather its the brave shields seems to be causing this issue, disabling it fixed it instantly…

i have been wanting to record the video, its just i got stuck with other issues which i think that should be given priority instead of me fixing my youtube experience… i will try to post video this sunday or sometime around the start of next week

We can’t predict the future of extensions features and support for older Chrome builds, Over time as new features roll out, Chrome 109 will be harder to support for extension authors.

The only solution really is to use a newer/latest Brave build on a supported OS, Which on Windows is 10 or better.

yeah i agree with you, but most of the websites essentially following the “it just works” magic… i mean nothing makes me feel like im using outdated browser…

After using outdated version of brave for almost 7+ months for the basic websites use… i think my analogy was right

in addition to this, i also see it in this way

Chromium 109 → windows 8.1 os
Chromium 110 → Windows 10 or higher
chromium 150 → windows 11 23 h2 or higher

Although these are different version of browsers/windows operating system versions, they still technically have the same abilities in most cases except for massive ui overhaul, new features…etc

i mean win 8.1 can do most of the things that win 10 can do(if we ignore the support of 3rd party apps and its usage…)im talking about native use of windows without involvement any kind of 3rd party apps… Similarly win 10 can do most of the things which win 11 can do…etc

what these newer version of windows might have is only new features or design changes BUT the bases are already strengthened ever since from Windows 7

And as for extensions, you’re right, especially the one which im more worried about is the Troywell extension…its truly great… im working on breaking dependencies with other extensions and will see what i can do…

Just got myself a new pc aswell where its a custom pc…i builded everything with whatever is supported as latest… intel skylake, rtx 20 series…etc just to use windows 8.1 for next 5 to 7 years until Microsoft gets good at offering customization…

setting up win11 vm only for BRAVE Browser in case it eventually fails or some site shows issues… this screenshot was taken for ROG forum to share it with devs for Armoury crate feedback but i think its also worth sharing here

working on optimizing the vm especially for speeding up the performance…i will post a separate thread on how the performance is later after sharing ad blocking without usage of Brave shields/adblockers thread

I really appreciate you for doing hard work for us.

I really appreciate you for doing hard work for us. For anyone looking for dependable custom essay writing services, I strongly endorse the amazing service located at this https://writinguniverse.com/custom-essay/ link. My experience with their custom essay service has been nothing short of exceptional. The writers, who are experts in various fields, are committed to creating top-quality essays that not only meet but also exceed your expectations. I sincerely believe you will find this resource beneficial for your academic or professional essay needs.

@Mattches Just Sended a Personal Message, Please check your Personal Message and Reply, Thanks.

https://meta.discourse.org/t/we-need-super-admin-feature-or-delay-in-deletion/300096/