Tabs Are Too Easy to Tear Off

windows

This has been an issue for awhile now on Windows. Just updated to the latest Brave (Version 0.57.18) and it appears to be worse.

Previously, I’d often find myself creating a new window when the tab gets torn off accidentally. Then I have to close the window, then re-open last closed tab. Annoying. :rofl:

Now it does it almost every time!! :sweat_smile: I barely click the poor thing and BOOM. New window. :joy:

Tabs are simply too easy to tear off. Any of the following would be a welcome addition:

• A setting that allows you to adjust the sensitivity range of the tear off. (I’d suggest extending it to twice current value. Just a slight movement and I get a tear off.)
  • A setting to turn off tearing entirely.
  • Allow us to drag the newly created window back to the previous window’s tab. (This is the most intuitive and I find myself doing this even when I know Brave won’t let me.)

It’s definitely a Brave only thing. Firefox doesn’t. Opera doesn’t. And not even that OTHER browser. :upside_down_face:

Hi @Yet_Another_Username,

Can you share your Brave version, OS, and a record of the issue?

Thanks
:slightly_smiling_face:

Sure!

Brave: Version 0.57.18 Chromium: 71.0.3578.80 (Official Build) (64-bit)

A very slight click on the tab can tear it off. It’s actually rather comical. If you have a bunch of tabs, trying to go from one to another will typically tear the tab off into a new window. I did it just now accidentally with the page I’m using to write this. :upside_down_face:

I had a chance to try out Brave on Mac OS today. No problems there! And again no trouble with other browsers on the same machine.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.