Sync Code is Empty

Description of the issue:
I am trying to add a new device to my sync chain and the code I get is an empty string.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

• Brave Browser
  • Menu button with the 3 lines on the upper right corner
  • Settings
  • Sync
  • Add new Device
  • Computer
    I get the screen that supposed to have my sync chain code but the text field is empty and it also says word count: 0.

Reproduces how often:
Everytime

Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Version 1.37.113 Chromium: 100.0.4896.88 (Official Build) (arm64)

Type of devices currently running on the Sync chain in question:
I am trying to add a new device on my Macbook Pro M1 16" 2021 running macOS Monterey Version 12.3.

Additional Information:
Although I have added my iPhone in the sync code (quite a while ago), when I try to add a new device from my iPhone using the Brave app, it seems I have been logged out and kicked off the Sync Chain.

1 Like

Also I cannot even remove my iPhone from the Sync Chain, I press the X button, I confirm in the confirmation pop up and nothing happens. I reload and my iPhone is still in the sync chain although when using Brave from my iPhone I am not in the Sync Chain. :beetle: :bug:

Same issue here trying to add my Android 11 phone back into the sync chain after briefly switching to another browser.
Using Brave Version 1.37.116 Chromium: 100.0.4896.127 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 11.

I can’t remove my phone from the sync chain, clicking the X button opens a pop-up window but doesn’t actually remove my phone from the sync chain when I confirm the removal.

Trying to “Add New Device” > “Phone/Tablet” doesn’t display a QR code but an error message instead, saying “There was an error displaying the QR code, please refresh and try again.”.
This happens every single time.

When I try to click “View Sync Code”, the field is empty and I also get the message “Word count: 0”.

Finally, all the “Sync Settings” are disabled and enabling them does nothing, they get reset when I refresh the page (see attached screenshot).

Same here. Trying to set up my new mac with the same brave history / passwords / open tabs and can’t continue due to this issue.
Sync code is empty and qr code can’t be created.

1 Like

Are you still experiencing problems? Did recent updates resolve you issue?

Edit: Meant to add link to Help Center articles per Sync…