Suspected Underpaid Brave Payout Numbers for past 8 months, with Evidence

Briefly describe your issue:

Figure 1 - My Monthly Statements

I’ve been looking through my history monthly payouts. Several things struck me about those payout numbers:

• They’re perfectly rounded to the nearest .25 (e.g. quarter decimal place)

• The payout values are all very small, and inconsistent with what’s happening to BAT price, the crypto winter & ad slowdowns (see Figure 2 below)

• My current December estimated earnings at 4.435 BAT & $0.84 USD already far exceeds my average monthly BAT payouts.(see Figure 1 above)
    And we still have half a month of Dec to go and earn more BAT.

• I use my browser 5 times a week during office hours. It’s only been 2 hours since I started work on Monday 19th Dec today, and I already have ~8 ads.(see Figure 3 below)
    20 ads per day * 20 days * 0.01 BAT per ad = 4 BAT a month
    From this calculation, it is reasonable I expect about 4 BAT a month.

Figure 2 - BAT Price Chart

Figure 3 - 8 Ads within 2 hours today, 19th Dec

All these figures point to my suspicion that I am underpaid for months, and that my unpaid BAT estimated earnings were erased on a monthly basis.

However, Brave doesn’t have an easy way for me to backtrack and perform accounting, so I’ll need Brave Support to help me investigate the issue.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Version 1.46.144 Chromium: 108.0.5359.128 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your Brave Rewards Profile currently verified? (yes)

What date did you connect your Brave Rewards Profile? (before 2021. But Mar 2022 for this local machine)

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? (yes. But was it an accurate figure? I don’t know)

Are you using a VPN? (yes)

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)? (Yes)

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)? (not Android)

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices? (yes)
strong text

Less than 15 minutes after I posted, I’d already earned 0.025 more BAT. (I had 4.435 BAT when I created the post)

This proves my estimated calculation of 4 BAT a month is reasonable and frankly, underestimated.

That I had only been rewarded 2.5 - 2.75 BAT a month for the past 8 months is confusing and inconsistent.

why are you not helping this guy he is already crying

Hi

I hope the info below helps you understanding how the whole thing works.

First, your comparison is biased. You are comparing actual figures with an estimation. Estimated earnings are just that, an estimation. The real value will only be calculated at the end of the month, and may vary from the estimated one.

The number of rewards you receive depend essentially on the campaigns available in your region, the number of ads per campaign and the number of users watching those ads. They are not always the same. Some periods of the year have more campaigns than others. Markets fluctuation also influence the interest in advertising. Usually bear markets, economic crisis, etc, are not much attractive for companies to spend money.

The number of ads you see also depends on the way you use your device, not how long you use it. Just having the browser open does not grant you much rewards.
Here are some tips.

Push notifications - ensure that you grant permissions to receive push notifications from Brave in your OS. Push notifications are usually associated with the mouse activity. Brave tries to identify a typical human behaviour. You usually get more push notifications when the mouse is used intermittently with few periods of inactivity followed by periods of activity. Having the browser open with no mouse activity grants you nothing.

New Tab ads - Ads are showing when you open new tabs. They are shown with some time interval. More tabs you open regularly, more ads you see.

Brave News - Activate Brave News. Open new tabs and scroll down to read the news. Ads are embedded between the news badges. More news you watch more the chance to get ads.

If by the end of the month you notice that the value you receive is much lower than the estimated one, you can submit a support ticket to the Brave team using the link below.

Estimated earnings are just that, an estimation. The real value will only be calculated at the end of the month, and may vary from the estimated one.

What do you mean - the number displayed by Brave isn’t what you will get? If the numbers don’t tally, then what is it for?

Does that mean Brave can under-declare and under-deliver, since no one really knows how much they are meant to get and how to perform accounting on it?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.