Suddenly getting "Ad blockers are not allowed on YouTube"

i believe Google isnt that bad to ban an account for using an specific browser, however i believe they will find a way to restrict the site from functioning while you’re logged into your google account or may even show brave browser is not supported like how other website’s anti adblock system blocks the usage of brave browser to access their site… But they wouldnt ban you as it will take a catastrophic toll on their company’s name

Logically, while brave is using chromium, they should respect its owner Google’s decision and avoid providing the ad blocking support to youtube but brave team are going against it and still providing support to keep users happy…

Anyways, i have been working on blocking ads without usage of adblockers, Brave Shields and 3rd party softwares… 2+ hours Extended test version, please note the video will buffer as it is still processing… processing for 2+ days… i am not sure when it will finish

View this video on a big screen and avoid using smartphone to view this

For Now, the Efficiency of successful block rates using my techniques is at 97.8% however for the remaining 2.2% failure rates, i dont actually see it as failure but rather making this experience as a “Game” so that in a way, if you follow all of the instructions and make the moves correctly, YOU WIN, ads will be blocked… however if you make any mistake, you lose, ads will appear and youtube ad team wins… so instead of getting demotivated about the failure of 2.2%, im concerned less about it now due to making this experience as an game rather than trying to see it as structural program code where one expects 100% success rate

personally, this is more fun due to it starts feeling like a game… and even if an ad penetrates through(that 2.2% failure rate), it only takes a second for me to stop the ad and resume the playback…

i have already finished recording as the video which is linked above is the fully finished video… the problem as of now is that LOOM video processing is taking forever to complete and download link is not being provided… it is stuck on preparing download… you can play the video as of now but it may buffer/lag here and there…

it may also cause the tab to freeze and reproduce Error code: RESULT_CODE_HUNG if you are switching to multiple tabs while the video is playing… anyway, i will post a tutorial related to this after waiting for 2 more days to see if the processing gets finished… try switching to 720p aswell and see if it reduces lag… the lag which you may see is not an performance issue with my pc or browser… its just loom got stuck processing and im not sure how long its going to take finish processing…

Short clip… Apparently discourse have problems and being weaker with showing/playing longer videos directly on community…however i have noticed that it is able to player shorter videos directly on this site…

Here is ad blocking test with Network view

Adblocking with Console View (As you can see on the above video, there will be no ads, on this below video, you will see 1 ad managing to penetrate through but at the same time it will be blocked within 1 to 1.5 second)

Things which are showing in red are being blocked… yt makes a lot of network requests in the background… i mean a lot and you will have to find the base where it is originating and block them all… for this, you don’t need adblocker or 3rd party software…you can do it natively using the brave browser itself… however you need to know the full networking patterns and also need to modify your windows hosts files with specific set of domains list otherwise the blocking wont be effective…i will share the pattern on my tutorial thread which i’ll post on this community if processing gets finished or if the lag gets reduced to some good extent where it isnt distracting… loom is cloud based recorder and its in infantry stages so i think we need to forgive its flaws and dont see it as big issue.

1 Like