Brave Shields has stopped blocking YouTube advertisements

Description of the issue: YouTube advertisements have recently begun to make their way through Brave Shield’s ad-block settings. This seems to happen only whenever I click on a YouTube video from Google search results (as opposed to clicking on a video from YouTube). I’ve gotten everything from mainstream political campaigns ads, Grammarly promos, weight loss commercials, and more so I can’t really tell whether or not it is using my information.

This is disappointing because part of the reason I am using Brave is for its Shields feature; having to download another extension to pick up this feature’s slack seems unnecessary and counterproductive. It would be great if there were a “select element” tool that would block specific parts of websites.

Exact URL of the website in question: youtube.com / google.com

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? Yes, but it also persists with heavier Shield settings.

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off? Yes.

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome? Yes.

Brave version (check About Brave): Version 1.10.97 Chromium: 83.0.4103.116 (Up-to-date)

Feel free to add your comment here Megathread: Youtube Ads bypassing Shields - You can help by providing some information