Still cannot save photos on mobile version if they have a link

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
There is no “Add to Photos” option in the context menu when right-clicking on pictures that contain a hyperlink.

Here’s the context menu in Brave:

Vs the context menu on the same image in Safari:

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Find an image that has a link (e.g. on Pinterest or Google Images)
  2. Press and hold to open the context menu.

Expected result:
“Add to Photos” option in the context menu. (Nothing of the sort appears)

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.31.1 (21.9.28.16)

Mobile Device details
iPad Pro running iPadOS 15.0

Additional Information:
There doesn’t seem to be a way to get a direct link to the image via the context menu either, so if an image has a hyperlink, you just… can never save it with Brave. You have to either open it in another browser or screenshot it. :frowning:

There is a post from March that already explains this issue, which then links to a Github bug report from November 2019. The issue has still not been fixed so I’m posting about it again in the hopes it gets attention. (I hope that’s alright)

This can be our web view limitation. You might need to go directly to the photo then try to long press on it

How do I go directly to an image? There’s no option to open/view an image directly in the context menu and attempting to drag an image that contains a hyperlink into the top bar (to open it in a new tab) simply opens the link rather than the image.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.