Description of the issue:
In Brave desktop browser, when playing sound or video on a web page, if user switches tabs, sound playback stops - first for one tab, then playback stops in all tabs.
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Open Brave with only the New Tab screen loaded
- Open a website with a music or video link: Yahoo news or entertainment for example.
- Open a new tab with music or video: Youtube video
- Playback stops in all tabs.
Sound should continue to play
Until recently, sound playback has never stopped, regardless of switching tabs or opening new tabs.
Brave Version( check
Version 1.10.97 Chromium: 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Currently, user can get sound working again:
- Close all tabs before exiting Brave.
- Exit Brave desktop browser.
- Launch Brave desktop browser again with only the New Tab screen open
- Load a web page with sound or video link. Sound will work until a new tab with sound or video playback is opened.