Some sites not working properly and app is crashing in background after latest update

Description of the issue: After the latest stable update, Brave is randomly crashing while in the background, and some sites are not functioning as expected. (In my case this is nb.translink.ca)

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. Open Brave
  2. navigate to nb.translink.ca
  3. Search for stop 53669. (Repeat as necessary. If it goes through try accessing map view. What’s happening here is that instead of showing results it returns back to the original page. This did not start happening until the last update.)
  4. Do things with Brave in the background for a while

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!): Site returns to home page, browser eventually crashes.

Expected result: Site does not work properly. Browser doesn’t crash.

Reproduces how often: Crashes happen sporadically, site issues happen the majority of the time

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Brave: 1.1.0
Android: 8.0.0 (LG G6 H873, Security patch 2/1/19)

Additional Information:

Regarding your problem with nb.translink.ca, this seems to be the same issue as mentioned here: Brave Ads Break Reddit on Brave Browser Android

I just tried navigating through the websites with Brave Ads disabled and it worked. You can also use a private tab for now.

Just tested this and this seems to be the case. I’m still watching for the app crashing while in the background though. Not sure if the two are linked or not.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.