Slow Page Loading

Hello. I have no idea why, but every page in Brave is loading much slower compared to Chrome. Strangely, everything works fine in Brave’s incognito mode.

Brave [Version 1.69.160 Chromium: 128.0.6613.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)]:

Chrome [Version 128.0.6613.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)]:

Does anyone have any advice? Even after a full Windows reinstallation, the problem persists. I’ve cleared cookies and everything else, even reinstalled Brave, but nothing has helped.

Device name DESKTOP-XXXXXX
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 16,0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎07.‎08.‎2024
OS build 19045.4717
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19060.1000.0

Thanks.

@Sefinek difference between normal and incognito/private is:

1. Private session starts with no cookies
  2. Unless users change settings, it disables all extensions by default.

So question is, have you tried disabling or removing extensions? How about trying in a new browser profile?

Could you test in clean Brave Beta/Nightly profile @Sefinek

Yes, I’m aware of how private sessions work.

Regarding extensions, I’ve tested it with all of them turned off. The only extension I have installed is LastPass, and even with LastPass disabled, the issue persists.

I created a new profile, and the issue doesn’t occur there, even with LastPass installed. I really don’t know what the problem is

Thanks for your help.

The issue only occurs in the stable version of Brave, not in the beta

Stable:
Version 1.69.162 Chromium: 128.0.6613.120 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Beta:
Version 1.70.101 Chromium: 128.0.6613.120 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)

@Sefinek, just to clarify, what method did you use to clear cookies and data? Sometimes people mention clearing everything but later reveal they only cleared data for one site or selected a smaller time range like the default Last Hour instead of All Time in Delete Browsing Data.

Additionally, did you clear data in the Advanced section, such as Site and Shields Settings or Cached images and files? These options can sometimes resolve lingering issues.

Regarding reinstalling Brave, if you didn’t choose to delete the data during the uninstall process, a lot of information may have been retained. Here’s the box that pops up during uninstall that you’d need to check: