Shield Automatically off for new sites

Description of the issue:
When browsing to a new site that I have never visited before by default my shields are down. I do not see a setting to change to make this not happen, and can assure you that it happens with every site, and that I haven’t been to any of them before and disabled shields.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Find random site I’ve never gone to before and browse to it.
  2. Find that shields are disabled, and I’ll have to manually turn them on.

Expected result:
That the shields be automatically on for every site I visit unless I’ve previously disabled it for that specific site.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
v 1.39.122

Additional Information:
The Shield icon directs me to the Shield Global Default page in settings, where I have everything turned on, and there is no setting to even turn shields of by default, so I don’t understand why this is happening.

I have left this as Uncategorized because I cannot put it under the support category while having the shields tag. Please move to an appropriate category or tell me where is appropriate.

1 Like

I’ve been having the same issue for months on two devices

@UncleToaster , @BRANDENDEUCE

In a Brave Browser > New Window, go to: brave://settings/clearBrowserData

For tab On exit - set:

• Disable: Site and Shields Settings

Click on the ‘Save’ button.

Return to: brave://settings/clearBrowserData

For tab Advanced:

• Set: Time range:All time
  • Enable: Site and Shields Settings (Enable DELETES Shields Settings and RESTORES default: Shields UP for site-specific Shields [Lion icon] panel)

Click on the ‘Clear data’ button.

(The ‘Clear data’ button also saves the selections.)

Return to: brave://settings/clearBrowserData

For tab Advanced - set:

• Time range:All time
  • Disable: Site and Shields Settings (So henceforth, Site and Shields settings will not be deleted)

Click on the ‘Clear data’ button.

Restart Brave Browser

@UncleToaster

Latest Brave Browser version is 1.40.113:

Hello, did 289wk’s solution worked for you? Or did you find an other solution?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.