Saved passwords do not appear

Today when I am going to use the browser as usual, I open it and I am surprised that the saved accounts and passwords are not there, but if the bookmarks appear, is there any solution to recover the passwords that do not appear?

Hello @BrayanVilllamizar, sorry to hear that. Can you please answer the following questions so we can further investigate the issue?

1 - What kind of device and OS do you have?
2 - Have you updated to the latest Brave version? If this is a desktop computer found at brave://version) to download the most recent one (https://brave.com/download/)

This article can be helpful to you, please read:

XenArmor | – 22 Sep 19

How to Recover Saved Passwords in Brave Browser | XenArmor

Showing password secrets of Brave browser including where website login passwords are saved and how to recover forgotten passwords

Let us know if that helps. Regards.

Hello @Jarc-1107 thanks for the answer.

1. I have Windows 10
  2. I have not updated brave, I will try it

I already tried and it didn’t work

Hello again @BrayanVilllamizar, have you checked in the password manager:

brave://settings/passwords make sure the option auto sign in and offer to save password are enabled. Are you using any kind of extension? If so, please try to disable them.

I’m not using any extension, and I have that enabled

Hi

You may try a method for recovering passwords I explained a few months ago at this post How to get files from Old Brave Browser without Sync (Bookmark, tokens, configs, etc) - #12 by CerealLover

I personally, tried this method, for a normally working Brave version, but it is not a straighforward one. Success is not guranteed.
Note: this method only works to recover the passwords saved on the same device you are trying to recover the passwords from.

But before begining the recovery process, I suggest you reinstall Brave as it might be corrupt, but after making a backup of Brave “User Data”.

1. To save User Data, in a safe place, got to %LocalAppData%\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\ by pasting the url in Windows Explorer.

2. To reinstall Brave, open brave://settings/help, click on the word “Version”, download setup.exe and reinstall Brave.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.