All Saved Passwords Are Gone - Seeking Recovery Solution

I have been using Brave Browser for months now. It is awesome. But this morning when I opened my browser, I was unable to access sites that require login with passwords. My usernames and passwords did not automatically load as they had for months. I went into settings>additional settings>privacy and security>passwords>saved passwords and ALL my saved passwords are GONE. All of them. No website information, no user names, no passwords. I am using Brave Browser Version 1.23.75 Chromium: 90.0.4430.93 (Official Build) (64-bit). I had almost 100 in there yesterday. Is there a file somewhere in my User Data that I can use to recover my passwords? And please don’t tell me to some external password manager; I might do that next time, but it won’t help me right now. I should add that I am using Win10. Thank you for any help you can provide.

1 Like

I can’t believe I’m the only one who experienced this problem. Bueller? Bueller?

Oh, and my Brave Rewards disappeared too.

You are not alone seeking a solution. I guess there must be no solution except to rely on backups of the profiles folder.

1 Like

This community help platform sucks and I have moved to TOR browser. I would stay with brave but the service end sucks in a bad way. All my passwords gone and now it will not save the new ones even when it prompts me to save. Is there a different way to get some help?

1 Like

to save new passwords try creating a new brave profile, maybe the old one is corrupted.

regarding the lost passwords, I know of a known bug, and brave developers are looking into it:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.