Saved passwords disappeared and password Manager won't save new ones

Description of the issue: All my saved passwords/login information disappeared after I update Brave, I tried saving new passwords again, but it just won’t do it, when I click “Save”, the modal closes and the password is not registered.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Updated to version 1.48.171
  2. Opened Brave
  3. Previous saved passwords are gone
  4. Tried to register a new password (Through the pop-up that appears when logging in a site and through the configurations menu from Brave)

Actual Result: Previous saved passwords and login information disappeared and new passwords are not getting registered.

Expected result: My previous passwords shouldn’t have disappeared and new ones should be registering in the password manager.

Operating System and Brave Version:

• Brave: On “About Brave” page: Version 1.48.158 Chromium 110.0.5481.77 (Official Build)(64-bit) and on Ubuntu’s Snap Store: Version 1.48.171

Additional Information: Ubuntu GNOME version: 3.36.8

Hello @Carlos_ELR, thank you for reaching us out. Do you use the option clear data on exit? Is it checked? Do you have any other browser like Edge or Google Chrome, where you can try to import passwords from Brave? If Brave user data files has passwords it will show there. Hope this helps. Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

@Carlos_ELR,
Sorry for the late reply and that this happened to you. I would like to note that this is an ongoing issue that the devs are digging into presently. I appreciate your thorough report here.

The issue we are digging into is related to the browser mysteriously losing some type of data (mainly passwords) for seemingly no reason. That said, most other users are able to use the browser normally after that, including re-adding passwords. If you’re not able to do that, something else may be at play here.

First off, since it’s been a while would you mind confirming for me that you’re using the latest build of the browser at this time and whether or not the issue persists (inability to add/save new passwords in the browser)?

Thank you

1 Like

I’m still having this problem too.
Brave Version 1.52.126 Chromium: 114.0.5735.133 (Official Build) (arm64)

The save password function has never worked for me and I’ve been using Brave for a year or more. I have it set to ask to save passwords and I click save. When I check, it shows up in the saved password section. But as soon as I close the browser or shut down the computer, everything disappears.

My passwords disappeared too. Who do we contact to find out how to reinstall? This is not funny.

Also happened to me. All saved passwords are gone. I’m able to save new ones though.

It makes me uncomfortable using Brave, if it can’t save my passwords.

1 Like

happened to me today its a shame that something so embarassing still a issue for users since many years.

how i could get my password back ?