Rewards per Ad drop

With the latest update of the browser it seems that the amount of BAT per ad rewarded has decreased. 0.1 BAT was typically 2 ads previously and is now 8-10 it seems. This doesn’t seem to have gone down well with the community at all and I agree as this change reduces the profitability and incentives for using the browser in the first place. Brave Team, Please address this issue and restore the old BAT reward/ AD ratio. Also can we get a member of the Brave team to acknowledge the current situation and if they did this intentionally or it was a bug in the latest update they are working on fixing.

18 Likes

We need an official response on this and not be ignored.
There are lots of people that have supported this program and are currently being abused.
If this is a program decision to reduce the payout by such a large amount then it should have been done through an official statement. Rather than pxssing off it’s supporters in such a fashion.
Clarity on a program development/change is essential for its future sustainability and support.

11 Likes

Now They(brave) become GREEDY they want 70% share instead 30% from ad revenue so rewards per ad notification is decreased to 0.02 bat Frome 0.05 bat per ad notification. This is insane 60% decrease.

Now this is time we all have to quite from GREEDY brave…

5 Likes

While I understand that it certainly looks like this is the case, as it’s a very real possibility, I would much rather give the Brave team adequate time to respond to the community at large before spreading information like that. Unless there is at present 100% undisputed proof that the Brave team has made the concuss decision to reduce the rewards per ad then I feel our best course of action as a community is to wait for their response to all of this while building awareness and support within the community without making any unsubstantiated claims.

8 Likes

This may be a bug . The counter doesn’t work. In pending rewards. At least I hope so . Waaay to many will just opt out if this is the case. On the other hand we can experience a boost of BAT price. so less tokens will translate into the same rewards. Without the rewards the users will walk .

3 Likes

this is pretty important. Such a dramatic change kind of contradicts the transparency policy this community is built on . I really hope this is a bug of some kind . It is an issue , not because we don’t get tokens, but because it diminishes the credibility of the entire project . It was supposed to be different right ? I am enrolled in the referral program and I have referred a bunch of people that will probably think I lied and wont continue with Brave. So …yeah it is a big issue

6 Likes

Precisely.
Whats the point in accepting ads and help the project if after 1 month of seeing all the allowed ads we are only rewarded with ~£1. Don’t expect to become a millionaire, but come on. Pretty much any gaming app gives a better return per month than that, and at least you get some enjoyment out of it.

4 Likes

An ad-view can only be rewarded with an amount, an advertiser is willed to pay for. And the User growth pool is going to be empty. So there is no other possibility. What do you think a single view is worth? Nobody can earn sufficient money with “viewing ads” - it is a reward and not a job.

1 Like

Like what gaming app for example?

1 Like

Is there anyone from brave support to Reply about this matter

3 Likes

Fixed now sir. Here you can see the minimum bat per ad is restored back to 0.05 - https://ads-serve.brave.com/v2/catalog

2 Likes

This link is not showing anything
And what will happen about till now

1 Like

This is not fixed.
Wait for an official to respond.

Now check it sir. Sorry wrong link given previously, no2 updated. Check please.

1 Like

It is now fixed for me.

1 Like

Not fixed yet link is not showing anything

1 Like

Waiting for the reply as well… haha… new in this brave introduced by a YouTuber… and I had 103 ads=3.9 BAT so not sure if that should be really is.

1 Like

Apanwa, the link just details the ad catalogue on your own device. If you don’t see anything it suggests something else is wrong and you won’t be receiving any ads.

It appears to be fixed for me too, hopefully this wont happen again going forward.

1 Like

Thanks all for reporting. Glad that it is now fixed.

3 Likes