Rendering stops for 20s when changing compositor state of a playing video

Description of the issue:
While having a tab with a playing twitch stream open:
Right after switching to a window on a different desktop, the new window stops rendering for about 10-30s (i.e. just the picture freezes, and is replaced by transparency after minimizing and restoring the window, but all audio and inputs work fine).
If I wait for unfreeze and then switch back to desktop with the stream, same thing happens to the window with the stream (whole window is affected).
Else, if I switch back while the second window is still frozen, the stream window is fine for ~10s, and then it also freezes for 20s.
This does not happen at all if all windows are on the same desktop (1st or 2nd).
If the stream is paused, this does not happen, however, unpausing the video (after it unloads the paused frame) can trigger the effect after ~10s of playing just fine.
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Have archlinux KDE (wayland) with an nvidia GPU.
  2. Create a second desktop to the side of the first one and put a brave window on each.
  3. Open a twitch stream in a tab, then switch desktops and discover that the picture is the same for 20s, despite brave being responsive to input.

Expected result:
No weird rendering pauses. Is there a flag to disable this “optimisation” feature of unloading/hiding videos from rendering?
Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.48.158 Chromium: 110.0.5481.77 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
Operating System: Arch Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.26.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.102.0
Qt Version: 5.15.8
Kernel Version: 6.1.11-arch1-1 (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland
Processors: 12 × AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor
Memory: 15.6 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2
Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
Product Name: MS-7A34
System Version: 1.0

Could not attach trace, but there, only some dropped frames are recognized, while actually no new frames are rendered during the 20s period.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.