Recover BAT Rewards Wallet from MacOS Time Machine (Backup Files) Instead of Recovery Phrase

Briefly describe your issue:
I formatted my HD and reinstalled MacOS without noting my BAT Wallet recovery phrase, so I lost all my BAT. I have a full backup of my entire former HD, so I have all the Brave files that were there. I’d like to recover my wallet from those files, despite not having the recovery phrase. I want to do it without having to restore my entire backup, run Brave, get the phrase, then format again and reinstall again.

It feels like it must be possible; anyone have any ideas? For example, is there an Application Support file I can copy from the backup into my new installation?

I searched the web for anyone else trying to do this and couldn’t find anything. It would be a nice thing to figure out for everyone else who experiences this too!

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
MacOS Big Sur 11.4, Brave V1.25.72

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
No, I have less than 15 BAT so I cannot

What date did you verify your wallet?
N/A

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Never tried taking the BAT out.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes, USA

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
N/A

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
No

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.