Prompt: "use Brave by default" despite I click on it at every session

Hi everyone

Description of the issue:
each time I Open Brave, a box opens with “do you want to use Brave by default”? I always click on it which means yes,
but at the next session, the box comes back again
And this is recent, lets say 2 or 3 weeks only

How can this issue be reproduced?
Every time on Linux Mint 21 on 2 machines

Expected result:
I’d like my request be taken into consideration for ever by Brave

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.46.134 Chromium: 108.0.5359.94 (Build officiel) unknown (64 bits)

Additional Information:
I wonder whether it comes from Brave update or from Mint update?

Thx for your help

The program can ask to be the default. However, have you gone into Mint’s setting menus and looked at the list of default programs? Since I don’t now which desktop environment you’re using for Mint here, I can’t tell you exactly where the settings are as they’re in slightly different places in Xfce, Mate, and Cinnamon. However, check the ‘Settings’ menu/screen and look or press the menu button and start typing ‘default settings’ and you should be able to find them.

If Brave isn’t selected there, change the setting and select Brave. If Brave is already selected, let us know and we can try some other options.

hi cynical13

If I did go into default program, Brave is mentioned.
The solution has been found by avoiding installation through software package which uses flatpack.

Instead I went thru the command lines displayed on Brave site:

Now it works beautifully.
Thx for your participation.
The subject can be closed successfully but I don’t know how to do it on your site, sorry.
Have a nice day

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.