Profile Flagged for no reason?!

I’m wondering if this is happening to others but I’m not understanding this flag portion? What have I done for my profile being flag exactly? I can provide all the necessary information to prove that I haven’t done anything illegal, I have the browser install on three different computers and that all, when the add pop I click on it. Could I get a more in depth explanation as in why my profile will remain flag and why can’t I get paid for the past three months?

That after submitting a ticket for not getting paid… I’m sure it’s happening to other and if it is then it’s widespread problem that need to get address;

Thank you for reaching out to Brave Support.

Sometimes your Brave Rewards profiles can be “flagged”. That usually means our systems noticed some irregular activity associated with Brave Ads. “Irregular activity” is activity that would be considered unusual compared to an ordinary person using Brave Ads as part of their overall, everyday browsing experience.

We have reviewed the flag, and your Rewards profiles will not be reinstated. They will remain flagged.

Please note, you can no longer earn with Brave Rewards, but you will still have access to the other great features and benefits built-in to Brave.

It has definitely happened to others and has happened to myself about three times. Brave staff cannot disclose the reason for the flag because this will result in people exploiting the rewards system and lead to more abuse of BAT farming. If we knew exactly what to avoid, it would result in us maximizing what we can do up to / avoid that max threshold. One thing that has stopped me from being flagged anymore was stopping the abuse of new tab page ads every 15 minutes. Once I stopped religiously opening new tabs every 15ish mins this seemed to have stopped flagging for myself at least.
Most common reasons for people being flagged is having more than 1 instance of brave opened, I.E. laptop open, phone on, desktop on etc. Another common fault is VPN usage making yourself appear in another country. You can use a VPN if you stay within your country, but cannot appear you are coming from Australia for example and you are living in Canada.

How did you fix it? The only solution I’ve thought of myself (but haven’t tried for obvious reasons) is reset Brave Rewards, unlink my custodial, sign up for Brave Rewards again, then link back to my custodial.

1 Like

@Evan123 could the following be review > 199609

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.