Rewards profile is flagged

Hello,

my Rewards profile is flagged and I don’t know why.
What can I do to fix the eventual mistake?
I didn’t do anything different in last days! It just happened something with Uphold due to website mainteinace. After that, my profile has been flagged. I’m a everyday common user! (whether it’s required, I can provide you a wider documentation)

How could I solve the issue?
Sincerely,

IB

ps. it’s a bit rude, brave just flagged me without any reason
they could loose a user

You should raise a ticket at

The system is automated. If it notices you might be doing things to increase earnings then it flags. Like using VPN could be seen as to access campaigns from other regions possibly having higher rewards earnings.

did it-
they have this authomatic message

"Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to Brave Support.

Sometimes your Brave Rewards profile can be “flagged”. That usually means our systems noticed some irregular activity associated with Brave Ads. “Irregular activity” is activity that would be considered unusual compared to an ordinary person using Brave Ads as part of their overall, everyday browsing experience.

We have reviewed the flag, and your Rewards profile will not be reinstated. It will remain flagged.

Thank you again for understanding and patience as we work to improve the ecosystem for all users.

Brave Support"

actually I’m using a VPN and I often switch country-server because of captcha and other issues related to VPN connection with websites. I didn’t know it could affect the earning of bat. What could I do to fix the situation?
many thanks for helping me

You could reset Brave rewards, that will create a new brave rewards profile.

NOTE
You will earn only if you are from a country listed at

and have an Uphold / Gemini account.

Doing that will get you flagged again, would be advisable to use VPN from same region or Turning Brave rewards off when using VPN and when you aren’t using a VPN, turn Brave rewards back on.

Actually I’ve a Uphold account.
Do I have to reset even Uphold account?

No, only Brave rewards. Any other questions ?

No, many thanks.
So it’s like just a temporal suspension for the current month earning, isn’t it?

No, since it is never going to be reinstated, you will never be able to earn if you don’t reset Brave rewards. Any BAT as vBAT and not in Uphold will be lost after resetting.

@bennacer4 Basically, they are saying after reviewing they are confident that you violated Terms. Typically in a way that you were committing fraud or significantly abusing the system. As a result, they have permanently suspended/banned the account.

Actually, this sounds like a feature that could be very much desired to lower the risks and burden to users and the on the system/staff (being poked with support tickets for completely innocent mistakes).
When using a VPN, it auto-pauses the rewards. Then when you’ve finished using it, it re-enables it. Win-win

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.